Author Topic: Ooooh, the biggest news ever!  (Read 3933 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Ooooh, the biggest news ever!
« on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:45 PM »
The Royalses had emselves a babby. I cant stands it im just so exited!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Ooooh, the biggest news ever!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »
They should name the little boy "Kong".

It would be worth the wait, IMO.
I promise not to duck.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »
I almost killed the tv this morning. I don't care for the talking heads gushing over the royals for 20 minutes straight on a good day.
Today wasn't a good day.

I don't have an issue with the British Royal family. In fact, I kinda like some of it. Like the special serious on PBS that basically followed HRM around for a year and showed a lot of the behind the scenes and prep work, as well as the historical tradition behind various events/procedures.

However, the gossipy gushing OMG crap is enough to make me want to hit someone. Oh, and Princess Di was just a dumba**.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 03:27:56 AM »
Happiest person in the world? George Zimmerman. This oughta take alot of heat off of him.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:33:55 AM »
Happiest person in the world? George Zimmerman Obama. This oughta take alot of heat off of him.

FTFY
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 05:32:54 AM »
bloody yanks, the lot of you
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 08:11:05 AM »
bloody yanks, the lot of you

In that context you're damn right!

I've never understood the fascination with royalty, particularly in the U.S. I guess some people just gotta have betters to look up to.
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:37:15 AM »
People went through a lot of trouble a long time ago so that we wouldn't have to worry about this, along with the observation of Lent.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:40:52 AM »
Well, at least they have a system to ensure that their rulers are actually native born English   ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 09:48:04 AM »
I'm on the same page as most of you guys regarding the royals.

However...

I do think that the two current adult princes, William and Harry, are downright GOOD guys.  The whole royal family thing was looking pretty well doomed with Charles as the heir.

Right now, given a choice between any POTUS from the last 20 years or William or Harry, I'd rather follow one of those two.

I wish William well and congratulations on his son, and now want my nooz to focus on 'Murican stuff again.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
now want my nooz to focus on 'Murican stuff again

NSA, TSA, DHS, drones, and Justice for Trayvon  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 10:27:33 AM »
NSA, TSA, DHS, drones, and Justice for Trayvon  :P

The more all that crap is in the limelight, the better.

Takes a lot of airing out to clear the cadaverine stench from a closet full of skeletons.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 11:01:19 AM »
I'll just leave this here...

Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »
How dare they call it a baby. What if it decides that it is actually a lion.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »
I'll just leave this here...

http://i.imgur.com/Us4WAiu.png

Uh, I am lost here...my sarcasm sensor is out for repair, but there is some sarcasm in there but it also appears that there is some actual idiocy as well.  Right?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
Uh, I am lost here...my sarcasm sensor is out for repair, but there is some sarcasm in there but it also appears that there is some actual idiocy as well.  Right?

I think you should flip those percentages in your mind; more idiocy than sarcasm.  Do be mindful, I only say this as Cis Scum. 
[Cis Gender, by the transgender community and the LGBTOAC community that support them, refers to people who identify their gender by their chromosomes.  It is the most dire of insults]
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 09:16:31 AM »
owowowowowowowowowowow my brain.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »
owowowowowowowowowowow my brain.

My sentiment too.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 03:41:48 PM »
Clearly some people have issues.

I will admit that I'm slightly disapointed that nature has trumped the changes in the line of sucession. It would have been kind of neat to have seen the firstborn be a girl and be next in the line before any younger male siblings. If you think about it, the only real thing the crown has any effect on is who is accapted in the royal family and determining the line of succession. Charles brought in a devorcee (something that got his great uncle booted from the throne) and William married a commoner, so a girl getting first dibs over a younger brother is about all that's left without giving the Queen (well, more likely Phillip) a heart attack.
Although the Queen (and definatly Phillip) will likely kick the bucket before this kid starts figuring out sexual orintation, so there is still that possibility...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »
Americans defined their relationship with the English crown in the late 18th century . . . so while I personally harbor these royals no ill will, their line of succession really holds no importance to me.

And besides, the way Britain is going, by the time the kid is ready to ascend to the English throne, it will likely be occupied by a caliph anyway.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 06:27:20 PM »
Ahem:

Our forefathers fought a rebellion against the monarchy because they were being taxed, regulated, made war upon, and otherwise harassed, by the British government. They did NOT fight a rebellion against celebrity-watching. They did NOT toil and bleed and die so that they would not have to hear about the affairs of the British royalty.

So unless some of you are being taxed, regulated, or made war upon by the House of Windsor, drop all the "but we fought a war" garbage.

That means you.  :P

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 06:35:34 PM »
They should name the little boy "Kong".

It would be worth the wait, IMO.
Yeah, I guess calling him Tiger would inappropriate for a British Royal. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »
yeah, the those guys who were in the military seem like OK blokes, I just don't like any Monarchy.
It's why I opposed helping out Kuwait and oppose helping out Saudi too.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 07:20:24 PM »
The nooz says they picked a name.  Does that mean we can end this now?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.