Author Topic: What a bitter hag...  (Read 14603 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
What a bitter hag...
« on: August 26, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal/08/26/o.divorce.dreams/index.html

Part of me wishes she does fall and break her neck on his shoes.  Then she'll realize how good she has it, when her "Moderately Bad Man" stands by his cripple, bitchy wife.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Re: What a bitter hag...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 12:47:41 PM »
I read that earlier today and thought, Wow what a wife she would be....................for someone I didn't like! laugh

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 12:49:40 PM »
Maybe he leaves his shoes out in the hall on purpose?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »
Dude, dump the frump and go get the trophy wife.  Let her spend the rest of her days as the bitter, old, cat lady in apartment 3-C.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:58:32 PM »
Why is it that I suspect that all these things she complains about were things he also did before they got married but back then she thought it was sweet or just plain ignored it for one reason or another? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 01:02:47 PM »
Wow, that's like 6 of the reasons that my ex-GF set me adrift.  All petty little annoyances and all internalized and magnified by the woman who wrote this until she tore herself apart by them, rather than fix them.

Of course she isn't divorced yet, but she sounds like she's one broken plate away (or some other triviality) from it.  Total lack of appreciation for her husband.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 01:20:20 PM »
Wow.  I'm glad she isn't my wife.  Really, really glad...

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »
wife one remarried?  poor guy
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 01:27:14 PM »
She must be an immensely selfish person to write all that knowing that her husband will read it. And she wonders why her marriage isn't great...

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »
She must be an immensely selfish person to write all that knowing that her husband will read it. And she wonders why her marriage isn't great...

If my wife wrote that about me, I'd hide all the money and start using her shower as my toliet.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 02:15:08 PM »
Wow.  I hope she acts on her dreams and her husband finds a human with a soul instead of this succubus.  Karma almost demands it.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 02:22:20 PM »
I just read it again.  And all the comments.  I can't imagine what sort of soulless fleshbag she must be.  It's depressing.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 03:52:35 PM »
That is f-ed up.

Does she really think the next man is gonna miraculously both read her mind 100% of the time and care what she's thinking?  Does she really think she wants a man who will do exactly what she wants every single second of every day?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 03:56:46 PM »
No, but I have found that some married women often will complain about their husbands until the cows come home if they think you will listen.  For most women at least, I think it is just venting.  I think this lady welded the vent closed a long time ago. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »
You all actually read that? But what about Brad and Jen?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 04:17:03 PM »
You all actually read that? But what about Brad and Jen?

I skimmed.  Simple invective doesn't take much brain power.  Who and who?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 04:17:31 PM »
I think I would have run her down, too.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 04:19:57 PM »
What a bitter hag...

If I said what should be said, I'd have some 'spainin' to do come Judgment Day.

Do they have kids?  I don't recall if it said.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 04:22:15 PM »
Maybe he leaves his shoes out in the hall on purpose?
I thought the same thing, but for a different reason.  It takes two to tango...

I'm not saying that she isn't a vicious, conniving, pit-viperess, just that her husband is probably the equivalent.  Opposites rarely, if ever, attract.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »
Do they have kids?  I don't recall if it said.
Yep.  At least one son.
Formerly sumpnz

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 04:32:07 PM »
I think I would have run her down, too.

Of course you woulda run her down.....   grin
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 04:46:27 PM »
hubby made it look like an accident
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »
ah, c'mon, if it had been deliberate she never would have survived. 

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 06:07:31 PM »

Remember, odds are, she'll get the majority of the assets plus a monthly payment in the divorce.

Unless I'm reading the article incorrectly, the guy isn't that bad.  She even admits so.  He just has a number of mild habits she finds annoying.  On the other hand, she apparently dislikes fidelity being a requirement of marriage.  Plus she's unhappy that she's aging, that just because people in kindergarten told you that you are special does not make it so, and apparently gets upset because he works to pay the bills.  The bit about feeling bad if she had to remove the gentleman from "his son's house" is downright creepy.  Lady, unless you had a fulltime job that you neglected to meantion in your multitude of horrid rants of the oppressiveness of living responsibly, he paid for the friggin house. 

While she doesn't quite flat out say it, she considers it her 'job' to be married.  That she's entitled to an interesting life, that her husband should do nothing that isn't Oprah/Martha approved, and that divorces are no big deal.   Honey, divorces bankrupt at least one partner in the marriage often enough and tramatize the kids.  Sometimes, this is a far better situation than during the marriage.  Plenty of folks end up in marriages that are horribly abusing.  Getting bored and frustrated by the fact that life did't give you every little thing is not abuse. 

For the love of all the Gods, lady, you can find something to fill your day without crushing the souls of those around you.  Open up a small home business, get involved in a charity, get a degree (or another degree), write a book, do SOMETHING besides whining of what a pathetic life you have. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »
For the love of all the Gods, lady, you can find something to fill your day without crushing the souls of those around you.  Open up a small home business, get involved in a charity, get a degree (or another degree), write a book, do SOMETHING besides whining of what a pathetic life you have.

Well, yeah, but it's a lot more stylish to be a perpetual victim.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.