Author Topic: What a bitter hag...  (Read 14602 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: What a bitter hag...
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
Wow. What a sh-tbag. If she gets divorced, I hope she eventually gets the husband that she deserves.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 06:35:24 PM »
For the love of all the Gods, lady, you can find something to fill your day without crushing the souls of those around you.  Open up a small home business, get involved in a charity, get a degree (or another degree), write a book, do SOMETHING besides whining of what a pathetic life you have.

Well, yeah, but it's a lot more stylish to be a perpetual victim.

Why?   Seriously, I want to know.  I honestly don't grasp the concept.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »
Reading stuff like that makes be glad(er) I've remained single for nigh on 20 years now.

I've little doubt her husband thinks "What happend to the coy young lass I married, and where did THIS bitter crone come from?"
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 08:15:19 PM »
When I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be about Hillary.

I read the article and laughed.  I hope the guy decides to give her what she wants.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 08:37:55 PM »
She must be an immensely selfish person to write all that knowing that her husband will read it. And she wonders why her marriage isn't great...

If he's as oblivious as she describes him to be, maybe not.

I have to say, none of what she writes is terribly shocking.  It's fairly common, enough so to be mundane.  A lot of women who bought into the feminist ideals and ideology of the 70's are going through this. 
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 08:46:54 PM »
How dare she be unhappy with her husband.  If it weren't for all these feminists, women would know what was good for them!

Err....being stridently against divorce and any destruction of a family by any other means, I have to say, sometimes I'm taken aback by the anti-woman feelings that come out in response to articles like these.

The fact is, it is not the sole fault of women and feminists that there are so many divorces.  A man who won't work with his wife and arrange for these sorts of problems before he even marries her is just as much at fault as his wife for the bitterness.

Learning to pick up your shoes because it really annoys your wife is a small matter.  Having the discipline to ignore the boob tube when your child wants attention is a bigger one-also mentioned in the article, and a concern of this lady that I don't think anyone would dispute is legitimate.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »
I don't think anyone here is disputing the fact that the husband has his little human foibles.  She's the one demanding superhuman perfection from him, not us.  Heck, she not only demands perfection, she's resting her entire emotional and spiritual fulfillment on it.

It's no wonder she's an emotional train wreck.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
Even if her husband is a total dick, and nothing she says makes him seem that way, to air your dirty laundry on mother friggin' CNN.com...

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »
There's being unhappy with one's husband...

Then there's being a soul-less, heartless, absolute bitch of a hag, and publishing said content where he will eventually read it. 

He needs to get rid of her like a bad habit, and posthaste!
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 01:20:50 AM »

Remember, odds are, she'll get the majority of the assets plus a monthly payment in the divorce.

....not if he makes it look like an accident.... Wink

Out of the entire piece, this is what caught my attention most....

No. Your husband is not your best friend. Your best friend is your best friend. If your husband were your best friend, what would that make your best friend -- the dog? When a woman tells me that her husband is her best friend, what I hear is: I don't really have any friends.

I love my wife. In fact, behind God, she is the most important person in my life--my best friend. And she's told me that, behind God, I'm the most important person in hers. Keeping it that way takes work from both of us...and a committment that we made to each other and to God that we are in this for the long run...no quitting. Even when she leaves the door wide open...  cheesy

Sounds to me like this woman is another believer in the "if I'm not being made happy with the way things are now, I'll quit and move on instead of working at making it work". Immediate self-gratification is her priority...not her marriage and family. They BOTH need some serious marital counseling....preferably based on "The Five Love Languages"....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Umber

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 03:37:43 AM »
Idle hags are the devil's workshop.

Umber

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 03:55:42 AM »
How dare she be unhappy with her husband.  If it weren't for all these feminists, women would know what was good for them!

Err....being stridently against divorce and any destruction of a family by any other means, I have to say, sometimes I'm taken aback by the anti-woman feelings that come out in response to articles like these.

The fact is, it is not the sole fault of women and feminists that there are so many divorces.  A man who won't work with his wife and arrange for these sorts of problems before he even marries her is just as much at fault as his wife for the bitterness.

Learning to pick up your shoes because it really annoys your wife is a small matter.  Having the discipline to ignore the boob tube when your child wants attention is a bigger one-also mentioned in the article, and a concern of this lady that I don't think anyone would dispute is legitimate.
Do you read the articles or just go through the posts, determine the general consensus, and adopt a contrary viewpoint?
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 04:28:12 AM »
Yes, he enjoys playing devil's advocate. 

I think most on this thread would be critical of a guy who whined about his wife in an article like this also.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 04:57:42 AM »

Remember, odds are, she'll get the majority of the assets plus a monthly payment in the divorce.

....not if he makes it look like an accident.... Wink

Out of the entire piece, this is what caught my attention most....

No. Your husband is not your best friend. Your best friend is your best friend. If your husband were your best friend, what would that make your best friend -- the dog? When a woman tells me that her husband is her best friend, what I hear is: I don't really have any friends.

I love my wife. In fact, behind God, she is the most important person in my life--my best friend. And she's told me that, behind God, I'm the most important person in hers. Keeping it that way takes work from both of us...and a committment that we made to each other and to God that we are in this for the long run...no quitting. Even when she leaves the door wide open...  cheesy

Sounds to me like this woman is another believer in the "if I'm not being made happy with the way things are now, I'll quit and move on instead of working at making it work". Immediate self-gratification is her priority...not her marriage and family. They BOTH need some serious marital counseling....preferably based on "The Five Love Languages"....

Ya know, I read this, and thought...

+1!!!!

Smiley

Seriously though, I find myself in the same situation as you do seeker.  My wife and I are each other's best friends.  Yeah, I know that being married for 14.5 months doesn't set any records (actually, in this day and age, maybe it does) but I can't EVER foresee that changing.  I posted something in another thread, a bit of advice given my wife and I by our pre-marital counselor...

People think that marriage is 50/50.  Sounds reasonable.  Two halves making a whole.  But that's wrong.  Marriage MUST be 100/100.  Both partners giving 100% to the marriage, not holding anything back.

From what I read in that article, that woman is MAYBE giving 10%.  And expecting her husband to make the marriage perfect.  Now, I'm far from perfect.  I leave my shoes out occasionally.  Sometimes I even forget to put the toilet seat down.  And then other times when I have days off in the middle of the week, my wife comes home to find a spotless home.  Or vice versa, (well, except for the toilet seat) but we both realize that making our marriage work means picking your battles, and instead of being upset at the other about the shoes in the middle of the hallway, picking them up and putting them in the closet, regardless of whose they are...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 04:59:32 AM »
Why are divorces so expensive?

Because sometimes they are worth it!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 05:33:48 AM »
In the end, I have an attitude similar to seeker_two. 

I think most on this thread would be critical of a guy who whined about his wife in an article like this also.

Yup.  If a guy went off like that, whose wife was a decent sort but had minor imperfections, I would tell him to "man up."  Actually, I have said that to a couple of guys.

Quote from: RevDisk
Getting bored and frustrated by the fact that life did't give you every little thing is not abuse.

QFT. 

Her hubby's issues are relatively minor.  If she wants to marry a perfect husband, she needs to convert to R Catholic and become a nun.  Until then, she'll have to settle for a man who (according to her) supports her, helps raise their kids, does not physically or emotionally abuse her, and has some minor imperfections.

To air her dirty laundry out for all to read, to include her husband, is a rather vicious act that dwarfs her litany of her husband's faults.  I mean, if he had dressed her down in public as to her imperfections, I suspect she would have seen it as much more heinous than the shoe-bit.

I think I have some idea as to her predicament.  I spent some time in the service in a unit intolerant of even minor imperfections.  I can clean, organize, and fix stuff up so well & squeaky I have had persnickety anal type As give me complements on my efforts.  I was accustomed to reacting to orders & requests in a highly motivated, efficient, and instantaneous fashion...and expecting the same from my subordinates.

But, to expect my wife (who has no military experience) to meet the level of housekeeping and reaction to requests that became second nature to me is unreasonable.  I still see all those imperfections I was trained to spot, but I let it go.  Toss kids into the equation and things get even more stretched.  I get over it and move the hell on with my life & marriage, as my wife is not the sum total of her imperfections and my pet peeves.

Also, I am sure my wife could bring a list of imperfections she sees in me.

The late 20th Century feminists did lie to their fellow women.  No, you can't have it all.  Or, you can't have it all at the same time and do right by the components of the "all."  Something will be neglected unless one stages out that "all" over time.

A similar rule is also applicable to men.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 06:22:28 AM »
Rather, like every other male I know, he is merely a Moderately Bad Man

That about sums it up right there.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 06:39:24 AM »
I don't even think that's he's a bad man.

Just a bit of a clueless idiot.

His wife, on the other hand?

Turbo bitch.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 09:56:16 AM »
What I think is a really, really good explanation of the damage feminism has done to women, men, and society as a whole.

Feminism Part 1: The 'Bait and Switch'
How women got sucker-punched by one of the biggest cons in history
http://www.freedomainradio.com/Traffic_Jams/feminism_part_1.mp3
Skip the first nine minutes, if you want to avoid an anti-religion rant.

Feminism Part 2: Divided We Fall
Men and women are natural partners - how did we end up so antagonistic?
http://www.freedomainradio.com/Traffic_Jams/feminism_part_2.mp3

Feminism Part 3: Women Need Men
Although women are often told that they don't really need men, they do!
http://www.freedomainradio.com/Traffic_Jams/feminism_part_3.mp3

Courtesy of Freedomainradio.com

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 01:29:49 PM »

The late 20th Century feminists did lie to their fellow women.  No, you can't have it all.  Or, you can't have it all at the same time and do right by the components of the "all."  Something will be neglected unless one stages out that "all" over time.

A similar rule is also applicable to men.

A lot of our current social ills have stemmed from this "have-it-all-&-have-it-now" attitude.....but it's nothing new....in ancient times, it was called "covetousness"....and that is mentioned a few times in the Bible, too....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 01:52:48 PM »
I work with women like this; they complain about their husband/boyfriend constantly. It makes me wonder why these guys stay with those women.

I would love to read a similar article written by her husband. I bet if he wrote something similar to what she wrote, he would be raked over the coals by women.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 02:52:30 PM »
If we can't be friends we can't date. Unless they want to skip the friends step, but that usually sets off alarm bells and gold-digger alerts.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2008, 04:42:38 PM »

Do you read the articles or just go through the posts, determine the general consensus, and adopt a contrary viewpoint?

Usually I just use my noggin when reading an article-and many of the "disputes" are illusory, like how in this thread, a comment on how blaming feminism for this state of affairs is wrong (and there is only blame for feminism here) turns into "oh, you must be disagreeing with everyone that he's getting a raw deal!"

The point is that this situation and the root causes are more complicated than "turbo b" wifey and "the feminists."
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »
Just a bit of a clueless idiot.

Maybe my standards are too low, but from the article he doesn't even sound like that.  If someone seriously accused me of trying to kill them by leaving my shoes in the middle of the floor, I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to fix that behavior either.  Yeah, I'm obsessing on the shoe thing.  The tv/computer thing is a more complicatd issue, potentially.  The car thing?  An accident, both at fault.  The shoe thing? Turbo bitch.

No, it has nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with an overblown sense of entitlement and an unreasonable and unrealistic idea of people and relationships.

Sure, anyone has a right to be unhappy in their marriage.  Not a whole lot of point to wallowing in it, but hey, if that's waht floats her boat, go for it.  But publicly excoriating him like this?  Evil and wrong, not feminist.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2008, 06:03:17 PM »
There's a lot of guys I know who beat their wives bloody, are drunk just about every night, blow their paychecks on cocaine, lock the wife and kids in a trailer, and do all sorts of other despicable things.

I'm hoping she gets the divorce she's dreaming about and marries one of the guys I know.