Author Topic: What a bitter hag...  (Read 14600 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: What a bitter hag...
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »
If he's as oblivious as she describes him to be, maybe not.

Maybe not.  He tried to run her over with the Volvo, you might recall.   shocked
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2008, 08:42:41 PM »
He was driving slowly, remember?  Sounds clueless to me--which may be why he's seemingly so happy.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2008, 01:14:53 AM »

The point is that this situation and the root causes are more complicated than "turbo b" wifey and "the feminists."

...and I find myself somehow agreeing with ss on this statement....quick, someone check the sky for flying pigs......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008, 01:37:58 AM »

Do you read the articles or just go through the posts, determine the general consensus, and adopt a contrary viewpoint?

Usually I just use my noggin when reading an article-and many of the "disputes" are illusory, like how in this thread, a comment on how blaming feminism for this state of affairs is wrong (and there is only blame for feminism here) turns into "oh, you must be disagreeing with everyone that he's getting a raw deal!"

The point is that this situation and the root causes are more complicated than "turbo b" wifey and "the feminists."
The root causes are always complicated.  My noggin tells me that hubby is getting a raw deal.  I don't know if you are single or not, but if the other member of the team is longing for free agency, you should be notified. 

It is a chickenshit passive-aggressive move to write an article about how you wish long for divorce without telling your partner.
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 09:15:16 PM »
She must be an immensely selfish person to write all that knowing that her husband will read it. And she wonders why her marriage isn't great...

That's exactly what I thought.  *Wow*, the gall to put a name and a photograph on such an article!  It'd be bad enough to write anonymously, but now her husband(who may or not be a decent guy with bad habits/quirks/issues) has "a name".

Man-haters.  Jeez.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »
He had dropped me off in front of a restaurant, prior to finding a parking spot. As I crossed in front of the car, he pulled forward, happily smiling back over his left shoulder at some random fascinating bit (a sign with an interesting font, a new scaffolding, a diner that he may or may not have eaten at the week after he graduated from college), and plowed into me. The impact, while not wondrous enough to break bodies 12 ways, was sufficient to bounce me sidewise onto the hood, legs waving in the air like antennae, skirt flung somewhere up around my ears.

For one whole second, New York City stood stock-still and looked at my underwear.

As I pounded the windshield with my fist and shouted -- "Will, Will, stop the car!" -- he finally faced forward, blink, blink, blink, trying, yes, truly trying to take it all in. And I heard him ask with mild astonishment, very faintly because windshield glass is surprisingly thick, "What are you doing here?"
The rasping sound you may hear is not the hurricane rattling windows and doors. It's me busting a gut. Hubby sounds a lot like Bertie Wooster from the Wodehouse books...
Other than that, the article seems to be... I dunno. A divorce is like a juice diet? Obviously not a thing I've tried, but it does appear to me, after the horrendous episodes that seem to typify divorces (stealing/trashing the others' stuff, killing each other, allegations of child abuse), that it's a bit more serious than that.
Guess I'm not missing much by avoiding the Oprah magazine.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »
I suppose she's married to a guy with a pure heart and, unfortunately, Aspergers?

How does this husk of a woman go through her days with such a vacuum of a soul within her? Geez, I'd think her head would implode from the void.

I ain't sayin' anything, but a bullet is $0.35 .

At least my ex was openly passive-aggressive.  It wasn't as if nobody noticed her actions.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

RandyinArizona

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2008, 05:36:06 PM »

My ex-wife was magnitudes better than this loser, and I still fired her.

I hope this man gets to experience the love of a good woman at some time in his life.

qdemn7

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2008, 06:35:27 AM »
My god, and women wonder why men don't want to commit? Complain, complain, complain......

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2008, 06:50:42 AM »
If my wife wrote that about me, I'd hide all the money and start using her shower as my toliet.
You don't piss in the shower? Just think of all the water you could save. Its for the planet.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.