Author Topic: OMG u mean he's ALLOWED to carry a gun!!!  (Read 14561 times)

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: OMG u mean he's ALLOWED to carry a gun!!!
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2009, 11:12:49 AM »
Quote from: Talking head on video to other talking head
Here's the point on that, and I'm just having a conversation with you, one that I think is logical, that anybody else watching this would have: Just 'cause you can do something, does that mean that you should?  And, given the fact that it's President Obama that we're talking about right now, uh, and NOT President Bush or President Clinton or another President in the past. . . I . . . look. . . Let me ask you this: you've. . . you've been doing this job for a long time, you've been to a lot of these, do you remember people showing up at President Bush's rallies, with open guns like that?

Bold added by me to indicate verbal emphasis.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2009, 11:24:46 AM »
The AR guy is a friend of mine, and he was extremely apprehensive about doing this the night before.  He ultimately decided that his rights were worth more to him than the potential risk to liberty or health, and went through with it.

Good on the PHX PD for looking out for HIS safety as well as all other parties.  Good on them for electing to squat on him in the crowd, rather than allowing some SS/FBI/Fed goons to do it instead.  My sincere thanks to the local PD's that looked out for the rights of Arizonans at this event while working to preserve a safe environment for the President to visit.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2009, 11:29:11 AM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »
The AR guy is a friend of mine, and he was extremely apprehensive about doing this the night before.  He ultimately decided that his rights were worth more to him than the potential risk to liberty or health, and went through with it.

Men like this, who decide to remain active for freedom after their formal service of defending it overseas is done, are assets to your country, IMO. Americans should be proud for having men like these in their country. God bless him.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2009, 01:11:04 PM »
Was John Wilkes Booth a leftist?

Yes.  He disagreed with a Republican President's war policy, so he assassinated Lincoln.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2009, 01:19:08 PM »
Yes.  He disagreed with a Republican President's war policy, so he assassinated Lincoln.

Lee Harvey Oswald was also a leftist... whether you agree he shot JFK or not.

Hinckley stalked both Carter and Reagan (apolitical in target choice) before going after Reagan to impress Jodi Foster.

Not all assassins are Democrats.... some are merely crazy. =D
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »
It continues.  It looks like the whole OC at protests thing is catching on.  However, it is AZ.
Up to six protestors were spotted carrying arms.

Hopefully this will catch one, =D

So all of the Confederates where leftists then? How many would of shot Lincoln if given the chance?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:13:53 PM by freakazoid »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »
How many would of shot Lincoln if given the chance?
By that stage of the war, lots of 'em.
Here's an interesting book on that subject, suggesting that Jefferson Davis/Richmond was involved in/approved of the Lincoln assassination.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »

Good on the PHX PD for looking out for HIS safety as well as all other parties.  Good on them for electing to squat on him in the crowd, rather than allowing some SS/FBI/Fed goons to do it instead.  My sincere thanks to the local PD's that looked out for the rights of Arizonans at this event while working to preserve a safe environment for the President to visit.

If you don't buy that guy a drink, I will!
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.