Author Topic: Sometimes, you've got to wonder about people  (Read 14523 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Sometimes, you've got to wonder about people
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 12:30:04 AM »
Ben: a lot of people who live in areas seriously affected by coyotes (or feral cats, wild boars etc) view destruction of varmints as a civic duty. In Germany (I'm told) it's actually a legal requirement for hunters to kill all feral cats they see in the woods. Not saying I agree but just providing a possible rationale. :)
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2010, 04:41:42 AM »
I aint no gramer nazi.  It wuz jist the way it red.  wuz I rite that it wuz a dangling modifier.  ?

One of these days I've got to check on local regs and bounties on shooting coyotes.  We're in transitional multi-family/agricultural zoning, and I've sure seen some juicy, safe shots at them from my balcony.  The fox population around here has gone down in the last two or so years, and the coyote population has gone up, by my casual observation.

Used to be a $25 bounty on them from the Extension Agency, subsidized by the farm and ranch organizations.  But maybe Colorado has got too "civilized" for the bounty to still exist.

Anyhow, $25 used to buy a lot of groceries.  I wonder if that counts in terms of "not killing something you don't eat," if the killing can buy groceries.  Sort of a second-degree "hunting for the table."

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:03:47 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2010, 10:32:14 AM »
We have a feral cat problem here.  Too warm to kill them off in the winter.
I've got two black cats that prowl my hood.  I'm real tempted to go borrow a trap from animal control and deal with them.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2010, 10:38:36 AM »
I aint no gramer nazi.  It wuz jist the way it red.  wuz I rite that it wuz a dangling modifier.  ?

It was. I was just being a smartass. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."