Author Topic: firefly fans rejoice  (Read 14546 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: firefly fans rejoice
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »
"miranda has weaked their regime, but they are still powerful."

Think about how many scandals have been exposed about our current congresscritters....and they're still in power. There's plenty of steam left in the Alliance....and a good reason for Serenity to be on the run....

Federation?

You guys mean the Alliance, right?  ;)

Then again.....a fight b/t River and Worf could be epic....  :cool: [popcorn] :cool:

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 10:41:24 PM »
I do not like the idea of forgetting about the movie. It was so well done even though they wrote it so as to take the Simon-Mal dynamic back to the point before OiS. The fact that River's escape was changed around to include Simon which does not fit at all with his characterization from Jayne's Town. And of course the killing off of two beloved characters...so a lot of good work would be flushed. And that doesn't seem fair to the people who worked on the movie and those that really love it. Plus it has one of, if not the greatest, space battles ever filmed. Throwing that away would be a crime.

It would be better to fit episodes in before the movie and maybe also some post Jayne's hiring  pre-Tams flashback stuff.

As to the Alliance They're weaker but not out of it. This might just be the opening the Browncoats need to restart the war. Although I've always thought it was less a real war of independence than some cause made up by corporate-Alliance interests so that various keiretsu could sell massive amounts of arms and support to both sides. Only ending when both sides were too exhausted to continue. Or when the folks enriching themselves overreached and caused other factions to rebel inside the Alliance.

And does anybody have a better color for use in a spoiler tag for this board?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »
Spoilers?

An aps member who has yet to watch firefly/serenity is derilect in their duties as a member, and thus should be punished.  :police:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 10:48:54 PM »
It's a courtesy for the occasional lurker who may stop by. Plus, there are well over a dozen APS members so is it likely they've all seen the series? 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 10:51:39 PM »
It's a courtesy for the occasional lurker who may stop by. Plus, there are well over a dozen APS members so is it likely they've all seen the series? 

*sigh* ok, but it should be on a list for required veiwing
 :lol:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 11:21:14 PM »
I already own the series on DVD. (Need to upgrade to blueray.)

I have a Dutch friend over once a week to watch an episode leading up to Serenity. (He had never seen it before.)

And now, it looks like I need to find out where the Science channel is on Comcast.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 11:45:08 PM »
I am happy to report that I converted the brother-in-law. He is a Star Wars geek, so I thought he might like it. Success!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2011, 10:33:55 AM »
Then again.....a fight b/t River and Worf could be epic....  :cool: [popcorn] :cool:

Worf was always getting his as handed to him by some chick with latex on her face.  If it ran past 10 seconds, River likely is not on her game.

I rate Worf at less than Jayne, hand-to-hand ability, anyways.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »
There was a teeny shout out to "Serenity" by Nathan Fillion last night on "Castle".

He was talking to his mother and daughter about some spa she wanted to take her granddaughter to and it had the name "Serenity" in it. And every time he said "Serenity" he'd break the fourth wall just a bit and give an impish glance directly into the camera.
I promise not to duck.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2011, 11:39:35 AM »
Worf was always getting his as handed to him by some chick with latex on her face.  If it ran past 10 seconds, River likely is not on her game.

I rate Worf at less than Jayne, hand-to-hand ability, anyways.

http://www.omegacron.com/klingons/anatomy.htm

Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

CSM Kersh

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 11:52:39 AM »

Yeah, and a couple of weeks back Castle spoke some Mandarin and when Beckett asked where he learned it he said he picked it up from an old TV show he was fond of.

Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 11:59:42 AM »

Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

Your link is to Kilngons, not Worf, who always seemed to be the most pissant band-*** excuse for a Klingon ever.

I'll stand by my evaluation.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
There was a teeny shout out to "Serenity" by Nathan Fillion last night on "Castle".

He was talking to his mother and daughter about some spa she wanted to take her granddaughter to and it had the name "Serenity" in it. And every time he said "Serenity" he'd break the fourth wall just a bit and give an impish glance directly into the camera.

Yep, it was nice.  =)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »

Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

I'll back that up. Despite the physiological differences, Klingons never seemed to fare any better against humans in hand-to-hand combat when the humans were sufficiently motivated.

And I just LOVED the reference to trying to ret-con the TOS Klingons with the Movie/STNG Klingons.  ;/
I promise not to duck.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »

OK, OK....how about River vs. the entire Klingon Empire?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:53 AM »
march 6  science channel 8 pm  its on again
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Regolith

• friend
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 07:43:38 AM »
Make it post-Serenity, just clone Wash from skin cells left on the toy dinosaurs.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »
There's no reason that Zoe couldn't have been just a wee bit pregnant before Wash got kilt.

Firefly: The Next Generation  =D

And River is going to be a heck of a pilot  :cool:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 03:29:32 PM »
There's no reason that Zoe couldn't have been just a wee bit pregnant before Wash got kilt.

Firefly: The Next Generation  =D

And River is going to be a heck of a pilot  :cool:
:O

Ok, thats it!

The show is going back on the air.

We can help write it.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2011, 06:33:27 PM »

Nope. He was looking at his daughter. And he was biting into an apple at the time. Guess he's getting soft.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 10:08:58 PM »
:O

Ok, thats it!

The show is going back on the air.

We can help write it.

Yes......BSL and Rev can handle the snappy dialogue....Rocketman and Physics can do the special effects.....now, we need someone to write the River/Kaylee nude scenes........

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2011, 12:46:50 AM »
I was just watching The Message, and I realized that I dress like a slightly cleaned-up Jayne. Weird t-shirts, khaki or olive pants, big clunky boots, milsurp jackets. No cunning hat, but I'm thinking about getting this one:

CSM Kersh

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2011, 09:32:11 AM »
Adam Baldwin sings "Hero of Canton" while wearing Jayne's hat.

http://www.squidoo.com/jayneshat

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 11:16:32 AM by CSM Kersh »
Sam A. Kersh
NRA Patron
csmkersh@thegunnerslair.com
My Web Page
When Seconds count the police are only minutes away.