Author Topic: Remington Home Defense 12 Guage Loads?  (Read 14642 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Remington Home Defense 12 Guage Loads?
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
Same here on both counts....in fact, the best thing about a SxS double-barrel is that you can have both on tap at the same time....and I often do....

Best of both worlds:

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »
That will be the best thing about the Kel Tec KSG.....switching tubes with the flick of a switch between buck and slugs.  If I ever go back to work full time, that will be one of my indulgences.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »
That will be the best thing about the Kel Tec KSG.....switching tubes with the flick of a switch between buck and slugs.  If I ever go back to work full time, that will be one of my indulgences.

But it doesn't give you the "one of each, simultaneously" option of the 1740.  Add on a "death blossom" option and it'll be the perfect anti-mob weapon.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 03:59:47 PM »
But it doesn't give you the "one of each, simultaneously" option of the 1740.  Add on a "death blossom" option and it'll be the perfect anti-mob weapon.

Not 'til you add the Taser bayonet.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 06:10:08 PM »
My first steps have been taken towards making 4ga #00 buckshot loads. There'll be some NFA paperwork to contend with first though.

Nope, not kidding... 4 gauge=D
I promise not to duck.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 06:21:41 PM »
Mother of god AJ...that's a beehive round, not a shotgun! 

Hmm...how many pellets? 45-50?

If you are going to go the NFA / DD route, why not make 1.5 gauge? (37mm grenade)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »
But it doesn't give you the "one of each, simultaneously" option of the 1740.  Add on a "death blossom" option and it'll be the perfect anti-mob weapon.
I'm not familiar with Death Blossom.  I thought that was a feature of an 80's era starfighter, the last one I think.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 10:28:20 PM »
My first steps have been taken towards making 4ga #00 buckshot loads. There'll be some NFA paperwork to contend with first though.

Nope, not kidding... 4 gauge=D
That launcher you ordered?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »

Daddy like.....except for the PG....give me a double-shoulder mount like the old 20mm anti-aircraft mounts....

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/gun20mm/img/pg002.jpg

I'm not familiar with Death Blossom.  I thought that was a feature of an 80's era starfighter, the last one I think.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/

http://movieclips.com/52qv-the-last-starfighter-movie-death-blossom/

Love that movie.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 11:13:01 PM »
Mother of god AJ...that's a beehive round, not a shotgun!  

Hmm...how many pellets? 45-50?

If you are going to go the NFA / DD route, why not make 1.5 gauge? (37mm grenade)

That launcher you ordered?

Yep.

Birdman... the 40's generally have shotshell loads that are just the equivalent of a 12ga in the center with wasted space around them. Also, the larger diameter bores seem to be a lot less forgiving when it comes to internal yield pressure/yield strength without also being crazy thick. The CZ 26.5mm launcher I'm getting has an extremely thick barrel because while it's sold as a "flare launcher" (Dr. Evil finger-quotations made in the air...), it was actually used to fire very hot barricade/wall penetrating CS shells at up to several hundred meters.

The fact that 26.5 just also happens to be a common European flare standard is serendipity.  :angel:

I haven't seen too many people making shotshell loads for the 37 or 40 either. (I believe most people bore 37's out to 40 when getting them registered as DD's as well)  Also, the 26.5mm has longer skinnier drag or fin-stabilized projectile designs available for it with better SD's, which seem to be more ideal for actually getting some long-range accuracy out of the thing.

The one area I do agree the 40mm DD's shine is the multi-barrel .22LR beehive adapters. I think some are as many as 18 shots now. Nobody will touch the idea of making 37's or 26.5's like that with a ten foot pole, lest they be the jerk that loses the the option to be owned and sold as non-DD's for the rest of us.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 11:17:04 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 04:36:20 AM »
Daddy like.....except for the PG....give me a double-shoulder mount like the old 20mm anti-aircraft mounts....

It's not PG, it just the angle on the picture, that's a full stock.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »
Where is the trigger on that 20mm AA deck gun anyway? And what purpose does the cocking wire/rope cable serve? What exactly does it cock? I'd have thought when the ammoman slapped on a new magazine, there'd just be some big operating handle you could cycle.

I promise not to duck.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2011, 02:44:50 PM »

I made that!  The fake demotivator deal several years ago in THR...  not the shotgun.