Author Topic: Joke time  (Read 14645 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Joke time
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2013, 04:15:02 PM »
=D

And if that goes well, from there we'll head to the White House!

With pitchforks?  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2013, 04:17:49 PM »
No! With --  Oops. Never mind. I meant "Yes! With pitchforks!"
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
No! With --  Oops. Never mind. I meant "Yes! With pitchforks!"

But with only three tines since those with four or more will have been banned as assault pitchforks.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2013, 09:42:10 PM »
But with only three tines since those with four or more will have been banned as assault pitchforks.

Those aren't pitchfourks, those are pitchthreeks  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47:20 PM »
you mean they ain't tridents? ??? >:D

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
you mean they ain't tridents? ??? >:D

I still have most of my teeth   ;)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 12:17:59 PM »
Adam was all alone in the Garden of Eden, and called out to the Almighty that he was lonely.

So the Almighty took pity on him and said "Adam, I have decided to create for you a companion who shall be called Woman. She will love you, care for you, support you in all your endeavors. She shall work to make your life pleasant, keep you company, and be of unfailing good cheer. But such a rare companion will have a price. To show that you are worthy, you must give up one eye, one ear, one arm, and one leg. Do you agree to these terms?"

Adam thought long and hard, and said "Lord, that is a mighty high price. What can I get for a rib?"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 03:18:52 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 03:15:22 PM »
Adam was all alone in the Garden of Eden, and called out the the Almighty that he was lonely.

So the Almighty took pity on him and said "Adam, I have decided to create for you a companion who shall be called Woman. She will love you, care for you, support you in all your endeavors. She shall work to make your life pleasant, keep you company, and be of unfailing good cheer. But such a rare companion will have a price. To show that you are worthy, you must give up one eye, one ear, one arm, and one leg. Do you agree to these terms?"

Adam thought long and hard, and said "Lord, that is a mighty high price. What can I get for a rib?"

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 09:13:39 PM »
Paraprosdokians (Winston Churchill loved them) are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently humorous. Enjoy!

• Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

• The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

• Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

• We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

• Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

• To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

• I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

• In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency, Notify:' I put 'DOCTOR'.

• Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy. (ever bee to K-MART?)

• You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure...

• To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

• You're never too old to learn something stupid.

• I'm supposed to respect my elders, but its getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »
A doctor was working in his front yard when a traveler came down the road and stopped by his driveway.  The traveler asks, "Do you have any work I can do for a few dollars?"  The doctor says, "Sure.  Why don't you take that can of paint over there, go around back and paint the porch."  So the traveler takes the can of paint, goes around back and returns fifteen minutes later saying he was finished.  The doctor asks, "Already?"  To which the traveler replies, "Yeah, but...it wasn't a Porsche, it was a Mercedes."
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »
Aha!

Dave Barry is a Paraprosdokian  =D

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 04:07:15 PM »
"The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel. The pessimist sees the darkness. The realist sees the train. The train driver sees three idiots on the tracks."
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 09:23:22 PM »
I was in a bar on Saturday night. Had a few drinks. I noticed two very large women by the bar. They both had strong accents, so I asked, "Hey, are you two ladies from Scotland?"

One of them screamed, "It's WALES, you IDIOT!"

So, I immediately apologized and said, "Sorry, are you two whales from Scotland?"

That's all I remember!
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2013, 12:01:48 AM »
(Yes, I actually did this last week.)

I called my father on the phone.

I asked him, "Dad, what has a tiny penis and hangs down?"

He thinks for a minute, "I don't know... a bat?"

I'm glad he's playing along, "Very good! What has a huge penis and hangs up?"

[click]
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2013, 12:07:19 AM »
(Yes, I actually did this last week.)

I called my father on the phone.

I asked him, "Dad, what has a tiny penis and hangs down?"

He thinks for a minute, "I don't know... a bat?"

I'm glad he's playing along, "Very good! What has a huge penis and hangs up?"

[click]

=D Which of you hanged up?
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:27 AM »
=D Which of you hanged up?

I did.  =)

I told him the "Blew a Seal" one from Pg 1. a few days ago. He says he's used it twice so far.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2013, 01:23:52 PM »
A guy stopped at a local gas station and after filling his tank, he paid the bill and bought a soft drink. He stood by his car to drink his cola and watched a couple of men working along the roadside. ' One man would dig a hole two or three feet deep and then move on. ' The other man came along behind him and filled in the hole. While one was digging a new hole, the other was 25 feet behind filling in the hole. ' The men worked right past the guy with the soft drink and went on down the road. "I can't stand this," said the man tossing the can into a trash container and heading down the road toward the men. '

"Hold it, hold it," he said to the men. "Can you tell me what's going on here with all this digging and refilling?" '

"Well, we work for the government and we're just doing our job," one of the men said.

"But one of you is digging a hole and the other fills it up. You're not accomplishing anything. Aren't you wasting the taxpayers' money?"

' "You don't understand, mister," one of the men said, leaning on his shovel and wiping his brow. "Normally there's three of us: me, Elmer and Leroy. I dig the hole, Elmer sticks in the tree, and Leroy here puts the dirt back. ' Elmer's job's been cut . . . so now it's just me an' Leroy. 

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2013, 02:15:53 PM »
Renault's new "Clio" and Fords Taurus have teamed up and built a new hybrid calling it the "Clitaurus". They say the average male can't get in it, unless helped. Known to have periodic rearend leaks and the rear end gets larger and wider the older it gets. The better for traction and haulin heavier loads. So far it only comes in pink. (no pun intended). Ford tuff and ya can't wear'm out.....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
Renault's new "Clio" and Fords Taurus have teamed up and built a new hybrid calling it the "Clitaurus". They say the average male can't get in it, unless helped. Known to have periodic rearend leaks and the rear end gets larger and wider the older it gets. The better for traction and haulin heavier loads. So far it only comes in pink. (no pun intended). Ford tuff and ya can't wear'm out.....

Sounds like a high maintenance outfit.  Probably takes a long time to get warmed up, too.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »
Sounds like a high maintenance outfit.  Probably takes a long time to get warmed up, too.

I bet it's a diesel.  Takes a while to warm up, but once you get her going, not much can stop it.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2013, 12:37:44 AM »
With a sheep under his arm, a man walks into his bedroom and stands in front of his wife.

“This is the pig I have sex with when you have a headache,” he says.

The wife looks at him and replies, “That’s not a pig, it’s a sheep.”

He answers, “I wasn’t talking to you.”
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 05:25:47 PM »
An old preacher was dying. He sent a message for his IRS agent
and his Lawyer (both church members), to come to his home.
When they arrived, they were ushered up to his bedroom.
As they entered the room, the preacher held out his hands and
motioned for them to sit on each side of the bed. The preacher
grasped their hands, sighed contentedly, smiled and stared at the ceiling.
For a time, no one said anything. Both the IRS agent and Lawyer
were touched and flattered that the old preacher would
ask them to be with him during his final moment.
They were also puzzled because the preacher had never given
any indication that he particularly liked either one of them.
Finally, the Lawyer asked, "Preacher, why did you ask the two of us to come?"
The old preacher mustered up some strength, then said weakly,
"Jesus died between two thieves, and that's how I want to go, too.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »
I met a Muslim man who said he had the Qur'an on DVD.
The trouble started when I asked him to burn a copy for me.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
A Catholic priest, a Jewish rabbi, and a TV evangelist were having lunch together as part of a religious outreach program, when the topic of funding came up.

The priest said "After I gather up all the collections from Sunday services, I go into my study, where I have a small circle drawn on the floor. I stand in the circle, throw the money into the air, and see where it lands. The bit that lands within the circle I use for personal expenses, the rest is spent on the Lord's work."

The rabbi says "I do much the same, except rather than a circle on the floor, I've drawn a Star of David! Like you, what lands inside the star I use for my own support - a man has to eat, after all - and the rest is spent for the benefit of the community."

The priest and rabbi now look expectantly at the TV evangelist, who's sitting there shaking his head. "You're both a couple of greedy bums - it all belongs to the Almighty! So I take the collections, throw them into the air, and say 'Here's what I collected, Lord - take what you want and just throw back the rest!!' "
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2013, 11:18:02 PM »
One dark night in the small town of Roselle Park , New Jersey , a fire started inside the local sausage factory. In a blink the building was engulfed in flames. The alarm went out to all the fire departments for miles around.

When the first firefighters appeared on the scene, the sausage company president rushed to the fire chief and said, 'All of our secret sausage recipes are in the vault in the center of the plant. They have to be saved, so I will donate $50,000 to the fire company that brings them out and delivers them to me.'

But the roaring flames held the firefighters off.

Soon more fire departments had to be called in because the situation became desperate. As the firemen arrived, the president announced that the offer to extricate the secret recipes was now $100,000!

Suddenly, from up the road, a lone siren was heard as another fire truck came into sight. It was the fire engine of the nearby Peterstown section of Elizabeth , NJ .

This fire department was composed mainly of Italian firefighters over the age of 65.

To everyone's amazement, the little run-down fire engine, operated by these Italian firefighters, passed fire engines parked outside the plant, and drove straight into the middle of the inferno!

Outside, the other firefighters watched in amazement as the Italian old timers jumped off and began to fight the fire as if they were fighting to save their own lives. Within a short time, the old timers had extinguished the fire and saved the secret recipes.

The grateful sausage company president joyfully announced that for such a superhuman accomplishment, he was raising the reward to $200,000, and walked over to personally thank each of the brave elderly Italian firefighters.

A TV news crew rushed in after capturing the event on film. The 'on camera' reporter asked the Italian fire chief, 'What are you going to do with all that money?'

'Wella,' said Chief Pasquale De Luccinelli, the 70-year-old fire chief, 'de fursta tinga we gonna do isza fixa de brakes on dat fockinna truck!!'