Author Topic: Tires - what would you do? Studded snow tires vs siped all seasons  (Read 14641 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Tires - what would you do? Studded snow tires vs siped all seasons
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2013, 12:01:55 AM »
http://www.tirechain.com/images/1900-sm.jpg

Error 1011
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.tirechain.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/8N0KBwh.png).
CloudFlare Ray ID: d96e5ae19d00165 • Your IP: 50.36.71.26 • Help • Performance & security by CloudFlare
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2013, 10:19:31 AM »
I literally can hardly slip my skinny fingers between the inside of the tire and the strut coil spring.  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »
I literally can hardly slip my skinny fingers between the inside of the tire and the strut coil spring.  =(
that sucks. the van is tight too but the cable chains fit. they fit crv too. might issue a field test aar tomorrow if it keeps sleeting and snowing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »
that sucks. the van is tight too but the cable chains fit. they fit crv too. might issue a field test aar tomorrow if it keeps sleeting and snowing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The trouble is what kind of damage happens when they don't quite fit  =(

Plan is to sell/trade this thing for some sort of midsize AWD/4wd.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:12 AM »
Error 1011
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.tirechain.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/8N0KBwh.png).
CloudFlare Ray ID: d96e5ae19d00165 • Your IP: 50.36.71.26 • Help • Performance & security by CloudFlare

Try this.  It was a picture of the "link cable tire chain".  That's a class "s" chain.  There's also an 'ultra-low' profile chain set available that's supposed to be even thinner. 

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
Well, I'm really glad I got those tires on.  The roads were pretty rough, cars off in the ditch all over the place.  I didn't have a lick of trouble.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2013, 12:55:42 PM »
Driving to church was kind of slippery yesterday.  When I got home, I put the weights (four 80+ pound blocks of concrete) in the back of my truck.  It made all the difference in the world -- the roads were actually worse this morning, but I had no trouble getting to work.
"It's good, though..."