Author Topic: The System Is Not Broken  (Read 1479 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
The System Is Not Broken
« on: March 31, 2014, 12:02:17 PM »
It's designed to work this way. An on-going series. Today, we look at SSI, how it really works, and why.

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/11/the_terrible_awful_truth_about_1.html
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: The System Is Not Broken
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »
Based on my experience on working with the medically-underserved population, and patients of a lower socieo-economic status, this sure seems awfully spot on to me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 01:24:56 PM »

Concur with MillCreek. Entirely accurate and well written. Especially down to the "If you are actually a responsible adult and hit a snag, this isn't meant to help you." This is meant to keep the trailer parks quiet and the urban ghettos from exploding.

I'd be more curious to hear MillCreek's thoughts on the matter.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 08:35:53 PM »
I have seen both sides in action.  Not a great deal of experience, but enough to connect the dots.  Worthless sack of shinola <family member> gets showered with taxpayer dollars for being too lazy to ever have a paying job.  Family friend who worked his whole adult life and was an AF reservist hit in the brain pan like a 2x4 with no-*expletive deleted*it-is-this-the-dude-I-knew-for-20-years?-wtf-bipolar-disorder can't get a red cent. 

I am inclined to Let It Burn.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 02:24:50 AM »
It's a feature not a bug.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 07:41:32 PM »
Wow.  Gonna have to ponder that a while.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
Well? I read it.
I wish I had not.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 10:46:23 AM »
If they don't come back, what are they going to do instead? Go work for Walmart? No, they're going to burn it."

Sounds about right  =(
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 10:49:37 AM »
Well? I read it.
I wish I had not.

This. Like taking the Matrix red pill, with opposite results from the blue one hawked on TV.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »
My main problem isn't that this is some huge revelation.

I pretty much assumed 50-75% of the people "in the system" are milking it, and at worst merely suffer from multi-generation shitbird-itis. I only feel (partly) sorry for the portion of them who are there because of the .gov regulatory and tax environment that penalizes capitalist enterprise to the point that opportunity begins to wane.

My problem is that all my solutions to the situation that would have any chance of working  are um... let's say... very un-Libertarian in nature, both in getting the political control to enact them, and in terms of mitigating the damage to the functional/productive portion of America and critical infrastructure, (and perhaps international interference too) once said policies are emplaced.

I think everyone knows the dependent class now outnumber us as a voting block, and with 90% of the MSM favoring Leftist populism, (and not dying fast enough in the face of new media/internet) the odds of getting any kind of economically rational control over the federal government, much less actual fiscal conservative control, for the generation or two a more gradual rolling back of welfare/entitlements/dole money would take are between zero and none.

And of course, you'll never get a true Representational Republic back, much less a suitably Libertarian Representational Republic out of such a authoritarian enterprise. Just like a true communist state has never arisen from the "dictatorship of the proletariat" either.
I promise not to duck.