Author Topic: Equality before the law is a joke  (Read 1608 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Equality before the law is a joke
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:22:34 PM »
Heir to the DuPont fortune admits to raping his three year old daughter, gets probation because the judge thinks a rich white guy "would not fare well" in prison. This only comes out after his ex-wife sues him for compensation.

Rich people really do have a separate government and legal system.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/du-pont-heir-robert-richards-iv-spared-jail-140319887.html#Nt65wZ6
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Equality before the law is a joke
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »
it is Delaware   at one time the age of consent was 9 there

i sincerely hope he violates  probation early and his po jugs him quick.  i suspect he will be in a heap of trouble

and more disturbing is the fact that the only reason we even found out is cause his ex wife is suing him. i think he exploited the protect the victims name secrecy thing.

are judges elected there?  i want to look at following the money. i smell payoff
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:42:48 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:13:29 PM »
Should we be worried that C&SD knows the age of consent in every state?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 08:20:30 PM »
hell massachusetts had a law into at least the 70's on the books that read "if a child shall be brought before the court by his parents and be declared incorrigible the child should be put to death. might need to bring that one back
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:45:00 PM »
hell massachusetts had a law into at least the 70's on the books that read "if a child shall be brought before the court by his parents and be declared incorrigible the child should be put to death. might need to bring that one back

I think most, if not all, of the colonial states had these laws, though it has probably been a lot longer since they were enforced than the 1970's.

I was kind of surprised about the sentence, but I looked up the sentencing guidelines for the comparable statute in Michigan for a first time offender and he could have gotten the same here.  I am not saying he would, but the reality is that people with more money typically fare better at all levels of the justice system.  I don't really know anything about Delaware law.  The question should be is his sentence substantially different than those of other people convicted of the same crime?  If it is not, then the problem is with the statute.

Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 08:47:41 PM »
my problem is he was able to buy a sweetheart deal. get that reduced charge.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 09:24:16 PM »

Wait, this is news to you?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 09:49:49 PM »
Try being a male in Divorce Court.  =|
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:11 PM »
. . . Rich people really do have a separate government and legal system . . .
Ever hear of Ted Kennedy & Chappaquiddick?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
my problem is he was able to buy a sweetheart deal. get that reduced charge.

Maybe, but in most places, 90-95% of criminal cases don't go to trial and get pled out.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 12:28:57 PM »
Maybe, but in most places, 90-95% of criminal cases don't go to trial and get pled out.

i have issues with that practice as well. this case is an example as are several high profile wrongful convictions.  brian banks comes to mind.  it sets up a heavy initial charge to encourage a plea.  it works so well folks plead to things they don't do outa fear.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 06:26:48 PM »
Heir to the DuPont fortune admits to raping his three year old daughter, gets probation because the judge thinks a rich white guy "would not fare well" in prison. This only comes out after his ex-wife sues him for compensation.

Publicize the hell out of it.  At least then he'll have to pay a fine in the form of much higher personal protection costs...and the constant worry that any new bodyguard might just be waiting for an opportunity to either cap him or dime him out to someone who will, along with all the info needed to get past his security.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 08:59:08 PM »

People who rape small children rarely fare well in prison, which is one of the reasons for sending them there. It is exceedingly unfair that this guy didn't get sent to prison because he "wouldn't fare well" when so many others ARE sent to prison either in spite of or because of the fact they won't fare well there.

But it would be cynical to even suggest that it might have anything to do with his wealth and social connections ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »
Try being a male in Divorce Court.  =|

Been there, done that ... thrice. (No, I guess I'm not very smart.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
Re:
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 05:18:31 PM »
Madder now. His plea let him avoid charges for abusing his infant son.  And the judge was protecting a 6'4 240 pound perv

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 09:43:28 PM »
People who rape small children rarely fare well in prison, which is one of the reasons for sending them there.

Most of the time they don't do all that badly anymore because they're put in a wing with all the others of that type.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »
Yea but folks can still find ways to get to em. And try. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk