Author Topic: Mozilla CEO fired for having incorrect political views, because tolerance  (Read 2545 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
It appears that IRS donor records were leaked showing he gave money to Prop 8, the CA measure (that passed) supporting a traditional definition of marriage. So of course in the name of free speech and tolerance he got canned. Chilling effect, how does it work?

It will be sad but funny in an ironic way when people start getting fired for belonging to the "wrong" church or political party, in the name of tolerance and free speech.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'

He should have been fired for inventing JavaScript.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

tokugawa

• friend
This is exactly what the NSA database is FOR.  Look forward to lots more.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
This is exactly what the NSA database is FOR.  Look forward to lots more.

It doesn't take the NSA to find this out.  It only takes crooked Obama voters working at the IRS, of which there seem to be plenty lately.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

tokugawa

• friend
The NSA is for the ones that get through the first screening.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
An article on Time's website said he was "outed as an opponent of gay marriage." I remember being told we shouldn't have to hide who we are. That was back when they said dissent was the highest form of patriotism.

[standard disclaimer about how private organizations can feel free to hire and fire whom they like, for whatever reason they like, whatever]

sent from my computer, via Waterfox
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:26:48 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
It is almost as if by "tolerance," they meant "Tolerate us until we can slip close enough to cut your throat."

The wheel keeps on turning and next time we'll know better.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2014/04/03/brendan-eich-steps-down-as-mozilla-ceo/
https://brendaneich.com/2012/04/community-and-diversity/

The hilarious part of all of this, is that as Mozilla CEO, he was also committed to Mozilla Foundation covering domestic partnerships, involvement with the LGBT community and whatnot.

https://brendaneich.com/2014/03/inclusiveness-at-mozilla/

Basically, the social justice brigade got pissy at someone that was actively helping them for failing to exactly toe the party line in every way. Dude apparently had some personal nuisances on Prop 8, but in general, seemed very willing to be friendly towards the LGBT folks. Bet a dollar that the next Mozilla Foundation CEO mouths all of the proper words, and drastically reduces their exposure at the same time resulting in a net loss for the LGBT community.

*shrug*

The shooting community is similarly ah, lacking in mercy for those that don't toe the line. Zumbo, Recoil magazine, etc. In fairness, the shooting community rarely pretends (nor should it) to be tolerant towards gun control folks. That I suppose is the difference. The social justice folks pretend to include "tolerance" in their agenda, and don't always mean it. Shooting folks don't generally include tolerance towards gun control in our agenda, and do as they say. NRA sometimes ironically being the counter example.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
If not for the need to test stuff and maintain some email archives, I'd be uninstalling Firefox and Thunderbird from my work computers this morning.  Too bad there's no physical media to break into small pieces and mail back to them.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
The difference between Zumbo, Metcalf etc is that worked for actively pro gun orgs. They were supposed to be on our side. If Eich was the CEO of some LGBTAQETC organization then people getting outraged over his support of Prop 8 would be understandable.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
If not for the need to test stuff and maintain some email archives, I'd be uninstalling Firefox and Thunderbird from my work computers this morning.  Too bad there's no physical media to break into small pieces and mail back to them.

Mozilla Foundation is a non-profit. They make their money from donations and deals relating to their projects. Unless they decided to go with the strategy of securing funding/coding/etc from a particular marketshare that was opposed to gay marriage, there was no profit in siding with free speech and whatnot. 80+% of their revenue comes from Google, which is mostly apolitical but leans towards being friendly with LGBT interests because it doesn't see much financial sense in leaning towards being unfriendly with LGBT.

It was a business decision to cave in. Crappy one because they clearly sent the message that free speech was less important than people's hurt feelings, but understandable. Dude went under the bus.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Right now this guy has to be asking himself: who is John Galt?

;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 12:17:16 PM »
Didn't obama do a speech " marriage is one man one woman"?  They gonna turn on him next?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• friend
Re:
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 12:59:00 PM »
Didn't obama do a speech " marriage is one man one woman"?  They gonna turn on him next?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

They just assumed he was lying at the time.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re:
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »
Didn't obama do a speech " marriage is one man one woman"? 

I wouldn't know.  I refuse to listen to him.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
They just assumed he was lying at the time.
Knee-slappin' gut-buster.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Knee-slappin' gut-buster.

I don't take 0. seriously.  But, I do take seriously those he's a front for.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

tokugawa

• friend
They believe Tolerance is great, as long as we believe, what they believe.
They believe Diversity is great, as long as we are no different than them.
They believe Violence is never justified, unless they need to force someone to conform.

We have seen this play before. We know how it ends.

roo_ster

• friend
Brave Firefox ran away
Bravely ran away
When the Gaystapo reared it's fascist head
Firefox bravely turned it's tail and fled
Yes, brave Firefox threw free speech out
And gallantly it completely chickened out
Bravely taking to it's feet
It beat a very brave retreat
Bravest of the braaaave, Firefox!
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"That's enough music for now, lads."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

fifth_column

• friend
They believe Violence is never justified, unless they need to force someone to conform.

QFT
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Very nicely put!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.