Author Topic: Jeb Bush says illegals are committing an "act of love"  (Read 4343 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Jeb Bush says illegals are committing an "act of love"
« on: April 07, 2014, 06:25:29 PM »
This guy is turning into such a liberal I'm really thinking the GOP will nominate him.

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush discussing immigration reform on Fox News this Sunday:

"I'm going to say this and it will be on tape, and so be it. The way I look at this is someone who comes to our country because they couldn't come legally, they come to our country because their family's dad who loves their children was worried that their children didn't have food on the table, and they wanted to make sure their family was intact. And they crossed the border because they had no other means to work to be able to provide for their family. Yes, they broke the law, but it's not a felony. it's kind of -- it's a -- it's an act of love. It's an act of commitment to your family. I honestly think that's a different kind of crime that should be, there should be a price paid, but it shouldn't be -- it shouldn't rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families. And the idea that we're not going to fix this but with with comprehensive reform ends up trapping these people, when they could make a great contribution for their own their families but also for us.

So I think we need to get beyond the harsh political rhetoric to a better place. The great number of people who come to this country come because they have no opportunities in other places. They may love their country, but they come here because they want to provide for their families. And they can make a contribution to our country if we actually organized ourselves in a better way."
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Jeb Bush says illegals are committing an "act of love"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:30:47 PM »
This seems appropriate...

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Jeb Bush says illegals are committing an "act of love"
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
I read that and did not trust myself to post it.  The white hot anger i feel toward that pos is difficult to describe.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »
Oh, please, please, please give me a chance to vote for this marvelous man. Can't wait.

Just the other day, I heard this idea put forth that Jeb can win the Hispanic vote, because he speaks Spanish, and has an esposa from down south of the border. Which reminds me of how George was also supposed to win the Hispanic vote because he speaks Spanish. 'Cause that worked so well.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 11:26:30 PM »
HEY AMERICA:

STAY OUT OF THE BUSHES!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 11:37:45 PM »
This seems appropriate...

Truth.

The Republicans think that offering amnesty will secure the "Hispanic vote". The Dems are offering a veritable all you can eat buffet of not only amnesty but also open borders and welfare for life. It doesn't take a genius to figure out which party is going to get the Hispanic vote.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 11:49:50 PM »
IF YOU DONT VOTE FOR JEB BUSH, THEN YOU'RE A TRAITOR ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC.

JEB WILL LOSE BECAUSE THOSE DAMNED LIBERTARIANS WON'T SHUT UP AND VOTE LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO!
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »
IF YOU DONT VOTE FOR JEB BUSH, THEN YOU'RE A TRAITOR ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC.

JEB WILL LOSE BECAUSE THOSE DAMNED LIBERTARIANS WON'T SHUT UP AND VOTE LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO!

Goodbye Jeb!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 06:23:13 AM »
I wonder if the gop is delibedately trying to tyrow the 2014 and 2014 elections.  Because this is a fine way to keep the base at home.  Ghe stupid party will not learn from the uk conservative party either and its slow demise.  The gop can not spell ukip with its fingers in its ears and thumbs up its poot chute.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 07:13:17 AM »
I wonder if the gop is delibedately trying to tyrow the 2014 and 2014 elections. 

And the 2014 elections.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 07:44:39 AM »

And the 2014 elections.

Probably the 2014 elections, too.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 07:50:48 AM »
I wonder if the gop is delibedately trying to tyrow the 2014 and 2014 elections.  Because this is a fine way to keep the base at home.  Ghe stupid party will not learn from the uk conservative party either and its slow demise.  The gop can not spell ukip with its fingers in its ears and thumbs up its poot chute.

Drunk, or fat fingers on a smartphone keyboard?

=D =D =D

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »
Drunk, or fat fingers on a smartphone keyboard?

=D =D =D

Two out of three correct guesses ain't bad!
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »

I'm fairly sure if anyone suggested an actually viable person as a candidate at the GOP nominations, they'd be stabbed to death in seconds. I'd normally be happy that a political party devoted to taking away civil liberties, out of control spending and generally poor fiscal responsibility was failing as badly as it is. Except that the GOP and Dems have the system rigged to support incumbents, so good luck voting in any outside parties.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 01:45:30 PM »
While I would not phrase it in terms of love, Bush is correct for much of the illegal population:  the cost/risks/benefits equation for illegal residence in the U.S., as opposed to staying in some third world cesspit, are obvious socially, politically, and economically.  We need to jigger that equation, reducing or eliminating the benefits and raising the costs and risks.  Standing at the borders and shouting "olly olly oxen free" doesn't do that.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »
Some people rob liquour stores just for money to feed their families  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 08:10:41 PM »
Some people rob liquour stores just for money to feed their families  :angel:

Quote from: Jeb Bush
Yes, they broke the law, but it's not a felony.

Er, um, ahem ... Mr. Bush, Sir ... excuse me for pointing this out, but it IS a felony.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
Illegal immigation is a Class B misdemeanor, unless it's a second+ offense:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/3559

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:05 AM »

For too many it's WAAAAAY beyond a second offense.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »
"I'm going to say this and it will be on tape, and so be it. The way I look at this is someone who comes to our country because they couldn't come legally, they come to our country because their family's dad who loves their children was worried that their children didn't have food on the table, and they wanted to make sure their family was intact. And they crossed the border because they had no other means to work to be able to provide for their family. Yes, they broke the law, but it's not a felony. it's kind of -- it's a -- it's an act of love. It's an act of commitment to your family. I honestly think that's a different kind of crime that should be, there should be a price paid, but it shouldn't be -- it shouldn't rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families. And the idea that we're not going to fix this but with with comprehensive reform ends up trapping these people, when they could make a great contribution for their own their families but also for us.

A few more cycles of Bush's, Clintons, or Obamas in the white house should fix the problem- there will be nothing left of America to attract people across the border.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 11:44:40 AM »
http://jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/021401/D7A5EOJ00.html

Heh.

Looks like Jeb's wife (Columba) herself was an illegal alien at one point.  And that all that illegal immigrating did not foster love in her family.  Garnica is Columba's father.

Families divided by a border are common in Mexico. Garnica said he traveled to California in 1960 - when Columba was about 7 years old - got construction work and brought his family north four years later. By then, he and his wife had grown apart and they soon separated, the father said, adding that Columba continued to visit him in California.

Garnica said their three children - Columba, Francisco and Lucila - spent time with both parents in Mexico and California.

He said he last saw Columba in 1973, when she told him she was going to the post office in La Puente, Calif. They haven't talked since.

Garnica receives pension and Social Security checks from the United States - money that lets him live comfortably in Silao. The town is 200 miles northwest of Mexico City and a few miles from the ranch where President Vicente Fox and Bush will meet Friday.

So, I guess it is understandable that Jeb is pro-illegal.  But, I don't think the rest of us enjoy it quite as much as Jeb when we are screwed by illegals.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 12:00:01 PM »
...  But, I don't think the rest of us enjoy it quite as much as Jeb when we are screwed by illegals.

So he enjoys screwing an illegal ?    :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »

So that's if the illegal doesn't do anything other than cross the border and breath our air.

But if the illegal uses a phony or stolen SS number, carries a fake ID, doesn't pay SS taxes, doesn't file income tax, etc., it seems that plenty of additional charges could be filed . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
What if someone wants to be able to protect his family without asking for government permission first  ???

That's an act of love  :lol:

First allow amnesty for all the Americans who have been charged for non-aggressive "crimes" then we can talk about the Mejicans  :P

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 07:41:35 PM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama