Author Topic: Holder to Rep re contempt charges: "Don't even go there"  (Read 1583 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Holder to Rep re contempt charges: "Don't even go there"
« on: April 08, 2014, 07:39:01 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0LGUygnjjg

Typical Obama machine politician. Gohmert better watch out or he'll wake up to a horse's head in his bed.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Holder to Rep re contempt charges: "Don't even go there"
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 07:56:23 PM »
Just gotta love it when one branch of the feral government makes threats toward another branch of the feral government for doing it's job.
I really think we are good and truly screwed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 10:26:41 PM »
Well, he certainly proved he doesn't hold Congress in contempt.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 08:47:06 AM »
We need to start electing representatives that will go to bat for the people and who will not hesitate to throat punch clowns like that.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 11:23:22 AM »
Even if we actually had the Congress of our dreams with the stones to do it over Contempt of Congress, or violation of some SCOTUS ruling by an appointee of the executive branch like Holder, who exactly would march to his house or office and arrest him? Does Congress have a prison under their command?

Would it be the Capitol Police and Sergeant at Arms?

Seems to me like most, almost all the law enforcement who could do this is already under the DOJ and the Executive Branch.

I guess it's not that different than the ultimate Constitutional Crisis, where the POTUS was Impeached in the House, Convicted in the Senate, and then just refused to leave office. We saw similar issues ignoring Congress or the SCOTUS under Lincoln, and earlier with Jackson, and it just kind of gets swept under the rug as a historical curiosity.

Without force of arms, I guess Congress could just de-fund all the Executive branch's operations, but what if they just kept writing checks to pay vendors and bills and issuing payroll anyway?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:30:10 AM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 11:54:05 AM »
Without force of arms, I guess Congress could just de-fund all the Executive branch's operations, but what if they just kept writing checks to pay vendors and bills and issuing payroll anyway?

What do you mean, "what if?"  That is what the Fed and Dept of Treasury does every day already.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »
What do you mean, "what if?"  That is what the Fed and Dept of Treasury does every day already.

Agreed.

But then you have Congress, other than maybe Ron/Rand Paul, turning a blind eye to it.  We all know about when the branches of the fed.gov collude to act in unconstitutional ways..  That's pretty much a case of vote them all out, shoot em all, or just deal with it and put Honey Boo Boo back on and crack a cold one.

I'm talking about when one branch actually asserts it's Constitutional powers, and another branch ignores it.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »
Agreed.

But then you have Congress, other than maybe Ron/Rand Paul, turning a blind eye to it.  We all know about when the branches of the fed.gov collude to act in unconstitutional ways..  That's pretty much a case of vote them all out, shoot em all, or just deal with it and put Honey Boo Boo back on and crack a cold one.

I'm talking about when one branch actually asserts it's Constitutional powers, and another branch ignores it.

Like any other failed .gov, it would depend on who the .mil followed. Aside from the highest and most politically ambitious officers I don't think the .mil would follow Obama.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »
Like any other failed .gov, it would depend on who the .mil followed. Aside from the highest and most politically ambitious officers I don't think the .mil would follow Obama.

Kind of what I'm thinking too.

Well, the majority of the combat-arms branches anyway.
I promise not to duck.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
Would it be the Capitol Police and Sergeant at Arms?

Yes, that's exactly who would do it.  (hypothetically)
"It's good, though..."