Author Topic: When we talk about the Republican Establishment  (Read 927 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
When we talk about the Republican Establishment
« on: May 06, 2014, 04:33:21 PM »
these are the folks we're referring to.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/wall-street-republicans-hillary-clinton-2016-106070.html

“If it turns out to be Jeb versus Hillary we would love that and either outcome would be fine,” one top Republican-leaning Wall Street lawyer said over lunch in midtown Manhattan last week. “We could live with either one. Jeb versus Joe Biden would also be fine. It’s Rand Paul or Ted Cruz versus someone like Elizabeth Warren that would be everybody’s worst nightmare.”

Instead, the donors, financial executives and Washington representatives offered a consistent refrain: If we can’t nominate someone like Bush or Christie from the pro-business wing of the party, and if the GOP nominee is from the far right, then we will hold our noses and tolerate Clinton.
“Most people in the industry find her approachable and have a track record with her,” one Republican financial services executive said. “They wouldn’t align with her on every policy, but they won’t view her as hostile to the sector. If it turns out to be Hillary walking away with it, there would not be any panic.”

All regulation is about rent seeking or fence building. Big Business is intrinsically in favor of an expansive fed.gov that's amenable to being bought, because the rent and fences are made to their specifications.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: When we talk about the Republican Establishment
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »
yeah  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 06:35:09 PM »
I still think it's hilarious that Rand Paul is referred to as "far right".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 06:54:12 PM »
I still think it's hilarious that Rand Paul is referred to as "far right".

Far right. I think that means he fails to believe the Benghazi incident resulted from a YouTube video.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »
these are the folks we're referring to.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/wall-street-republicans-hillary-clinton-2016-106070.html

All regulation is about rent seeking or fence building. Big Business is intrinsically in favor of an expansive fed.gov that's amenable to being bought, because the rent and fences are made to their specifications.
yep. they love their incestuous relationship with leviathon.  I still obamacate is megalocorp's wettest dream- some, like GE, get to build the fences, others simply benefit from killing off any future competition from small businesses.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
The Stupid Party rides again.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »
“Most people in the industry find her approachable and have a track record with her,” one Republican financial services executive said.
That means they've been heartened by her unofficial motto, "WILL WORK FOR CATTLE FUTURES."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain