Author Topic: A Statement from the Speaker of the House Regarding CIA Briefings  (Read 2980 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Well, I'm sure glad the ol' bug eyed freak cleared that up for us.

Our country surely is in the best of hands.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2009/05/a-statement-from-the-speaker-of-the-house.html

A Statement from the Speaker of the House

To Whom It May Concern:

In recent weeks I have stated that I was never briefed, nor had any prior knowledge of, the use of so-called "enhanced interrogation techniques" on detainees by U.S. interrogators. Today, the Central Intelligence Agency released documents indicating they had briefed me on the use of these techniques in September 2002. Having no personal recollection of this meeting, I directed my clerical staff to retrieve meeting notes for the date in question.

After a thorough review of these notes, it appears I was unaware this meeting was with the Central Intelligence Agency. Instead I was under the impression that it was a coffee chat with Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, an important constituent group from my home district. In their description of waterboarding, fuzzy caterpillars, etc., I simply assumed they were speaking of new Castro District trends in sexual foreplay. Had I known the real truth -- that they were describing the grim tools of a sadistic torture regime beyond the worst imaginings of Mengele himself -- I would have vigorously objected, and would have never cheerfully told my briefers, "play safely!"

I am sorry for any confusion my earlier statements might have caused, and I hope this clarification puts the matter to rest. For future reference, please direct inquiries regarding torture issues within the California 8th District B&D community to my outreach coordinator Julian Julian Julian. All other torture-related issues should be directed to my National Security and Drag Queen Affairs Advisor, Lady Marmalade.

Sincerely,

Nancy Pelosi
Speaker of the House of Representatives
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: A Statement from the Speaker of the House Regarding CIA Briefings
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 11:11:53 AM »

I'm quite sure that was satire, but I think the author is missing the point between "government doing something" and "consensual activities between adults".   Having sex with a beautiful woman with her permission is legal and (hopefully) enjoyable.   Attempting to have sex with a beautiful woman without her permission should hopefully result in the attempted rapist getting ventilated by high velocity projectiles.  There is a vastly significant difference between an activity being done with consent or not.

It doesn't matter if people do an activity consensually in the privacy of their home, that doesn't make it legal for the govt to do the same thing.  Some people voluntarily, apparently of their own free will, kill themselves for no apparent reason.  That doesn't make it legal for the government to kill random folks without any justification. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 11:24:22 AM »
RevDisk,

The background is that Pelosi apparently lied, claiming she didn't know water-boarding and other tactics were being used.  Records are now coming out which dispute that claim. 

Hence, the humor. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 11:40:34 AM »
What fistful wrote.  A satire on her current bob & weaving. 

Also, I love the idea that a congresscritter was keeping notes from a classified briefing in their office for their staff to search for & find.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
RevDisk,

The background is that Pelosi apparently lied, claiming she didn't know water-boarding and other tactics were being used.  Records are now coming out which dispute that claim. 

Hence, the humor. 

Ah, gotcha.  Pelosi denied she got briefed?   Dumb, that.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »
Ah, gotcha.  Pelosi denied she got briefed?   Dumb, that.

eye bleach please, Pelosi in briefs...  eek.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
1 - Nancy has meetings with "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, an important constituent group from my home district."  And in their conversation she gets updated on "[In] their description of waterboarding, fuzzy caterpillars, etc., [which] I simply assumed they were speaking of new Castro District trends in sexual foreplay."

2 - Nancy follows these trends because ...?

3 - I am now significantly afraid of her (whereas before I merely considered her to be the Antichrist).

stay safe.

skismark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »
Satire or no satire, the woman's a liar and a hypocrite.

As for "consent," we move into odd circles indeed when we discuss consent alongside S&M and B&D, which are all about power, control, and humiliation.  But that unholy triad seems to be informing the politics of our day.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 01:31:02 PM »
I heard someone wonder if anyone had any video and transcripts from after 911 of any of there Democrats supporting such torture techniques.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
eye bleach please, Pelosi in briefs...  eek.

Picture "her" being DE-briefed! =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:13:29 PM »
If you're not familiar with Iowa Hawk, you owe it to yourself to drop whatever you're doing and visit his site: http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/

Trust me on this.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 01:01:32 AM »
If you're not familiar with Iowa Hawk, you owe it to yourself to drop whatever you're doing and visit his site: http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/

Trust me on this.

Serves up some of hte best wry whiskey on the 'net.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 04:03:15 PM »
Having sex with a beautiful woman with her permission

...never been to Castro district n San Fran, eh?
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...