Author Topic: wow... how some people comment  (Read 7404 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
wow... how some people comment
« on: May 19, 2009, 10:05:24 AM »
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/05/pelosis_approva.html

It is a link to a story on Nancy Pelosi's approval rating drop. The scary part is the comment from one person. Talk about entitlement.

It's Bush's fault! She was triyng to do her job, and now because of Bush, she had to lie. If the Racists in the GOP wernt out to get Obama for picking people like Pelosi, he woudnt have to cut her lose. You people should just accept the fackt that we wone, and you lost. We are going to get goverment to pay our health care even if we arnt working and in scool. The rich people need to pay more to make it fair for the rest of us and the goverment will make sure it gets divided rite.

Posted by obamafan1 May 18, 09 07:46 PM

I just don't get why people feel that they should get things without working for it.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: wow... how some people comment
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »
Wow... That has to be tongue-in-cheek.  It's just too dumb to possibly be a real person.  Between the hookt on fawnix writing style and the terrible grasp of politics, it just has to be fake.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:34:18 AM »
I don't know if this post is fake or not, but the sentiment is real.  Judging by other posts on this board, many people generally know at least one person with these thoughts.  Life is 'unfair' whenever you have less than someone else, no matter how hard that person worked to get those things.

I'm just getting more and more discouraged everyday to work harder, just on the principle, that the harder I work, the more (both in number and percentage) lazy people I have to support.

Maybe once Obama nationalizes health care we can all take it easy -- we will have government provided transportation, healthcare, housing, and food.  What else in life is there to work for?  I don't need iTunes nor cable TV.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 01:28:14 PM by FTA84 »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:44:13 AM »
Wow... That has to be tongue-in-cheek.  It's just too dumb to possibly be a real person.  Between the hookt on fawnix writing style and the terrible grasp of politics, it just has to be fake.

No, it's a real person. I meet people this stupid, or in some cases, even more so, every day. Little wonder why I'm becoming more and more antisocial by the week.

I'm just getting more and more discouraged everyday to work harder, just on the princple, that the harder I work, the more (both in number and percentage) lazy people I have to support.

Same here.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
The phenomenon is all too real.

We exist to support them.  That's their view.  It is also increasingly the view of the people in power.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 12:29:44 PM »
Another product of the public school system- and probably has eight kids-all with different "partners".

Kingpin46

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »
This sounds like some of the 'STUFF' Garafalo would spew on network TV. Wonder if maybe it is not her post somewhere?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »
One of my co-workers at a previous job was an intelligent person.

He, however, wanted government run healthcare.

His reason? "I pay so much in taxes, I should be getting free healthcare for that!"

He didn't seem to believe me that they wouldn't just give him "free" healthcare without also raising his taxes to pay for it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 01:09:46 PM »
This looks like a parody . . . the political mistakes (Obama didn't choose Pelosi), the spelling and grammatical errors . . . it's the sort of thing I'd expect if someone were poking fun at the other side; think of the Florida voters after the 2000 election who were walking around with signs saying "I was distracted by bright shiny objects and voted wrong - I want a do over!"

But if it's not a parody, and if whoever posted it was serious . . . this Republic is in more trouble than I thought.  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 01:15:37 PM »
No, it's not tongue in cheek.

I have no doubt that this person is fully, 100% serious.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 03:01:06 PM »
Remeber- 1/2 of the population is below average in intelligence. 'Scool' isn't going to fix this kind of dumb.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »
I just don't get why people feel that they should get things without working for it.

Years and years of entitlement training in public "schools" will do that to impressionable young minds.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 04:23:50 PM »
Years and years of entitlement training in public "schools" will do that to impressionable young minds.
Maybe Mommy and Daddy always gave them an allowance, without requiring they do some (age appropriate!) chores as they were growing up?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 04:27:18 PM »
Maybe Mommy and Daddy always gave them an allowance, without requiring they do some (age appropriate!) chores as they were growing up?

Actually, I would bet that's a large part of the problem.

Add to that the extension of adolescence in our culture and we have a large number of people accustomed to being provided for.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »

We were always required to do chores, without receiving any allowance. My dad always fed us some line about "being part of a household" and "doing our part" or "earning our keep." What a load that turned out to be. I guess he just wasn't progressive enough. I feel like my life has been ruined.

With the advent of The One, I finally feel like balance has been restored to my psyche.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »
With the advent of The One, I finally feel like balance has been restored to my psyche.

If that were true, why would you still be here?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »
If that were true, why would you still be here?

I'm just trying to help the poor, misguided souls here understand.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 05:57:25 PM »
I'm just trying to help the poor, misguided souls here understand.

Look out Racehorse, I think Iain or shootinstudent has stolen your username!
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 06:48:47 PM »
Another product of the public school system- and probably has eight kids-all with different "partners".
I doubt that.  More likely he is one of the 8 kids all grown up. 

We are going through a weird personnel situation at work right now that just seem incredibly strange to me.  I can believe people could be that stupid and still function.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 07:12:29 PM »
I can believe people could be that stupid and still function.

"Function" has been dumbed-down a lot in recent times....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
"Function" has been dumbed-down a lot in recent times....
We've become so prosperous that "surviving" and "functioning" are remarkably easy and require almost no brainpower or sensibility whatsoever.  I suspect that in ages past there was a natural tendency for people this dumb to either die anonymously or else get a clue real-quick-like.

Or, to put it another way, our extreme wealth allows bajillions of dumb folks to thrive, procreate, and mouth off.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 11:24:49 PM »
I'm still hoping that's a prank by someone from Free Republic or somewhere. Because if it isn't, I really have to hurry up and move to the middle of nowhere to escape the Atlas Shrugged style collapse of civilization.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 12:05:37 AM »
Or, to put it another way, our extreme wealth allows bajillions of dumb folks to thrive, procreate, and mouth off. 

Which explains Fistful Savalas.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 12:20:22 AM »
Or, to put it another way, our extreme wealth allows bajillions of dumb folks to thrive, procreate, and mouth off

So, Obama is really trying to kill stupid people by destroying our wealth? Maybe he is our savior. :O

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »
It is definitely a real person.  Terrible grammar and spelling; it is how the government wants the peasants to act.  You should have read some of the posts and threads on the Obama Forum.  Frightening stuff really.  Forum has been shut down now since the Big O is president and these peasants are becoming an embarrassment.

I have run into this attitude with a lot of minority folks I know.  It is mindless and total adoration for the Obama.  Years from now when everything is really screwed up even worse, some of them will say... of I guess you were right, but we needed change.  But the only way they will admit to that is if the are successful and paying taxes.  Otherwise, it is a brave new world.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)