Author Topic: DC Requires College Degrees for Child Care  (Read 834 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
DC Requires College Degrees for Child Care
« on: March 31, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »
DC is now requiring college degrees for all those barely above minimum wage jobs wrangling three year olds.

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/03/31/most-insane-law-youll-need-a-college-degree-to-wipe-a-babys-butt-in-d-c-but-not-to-be-president/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: DC Requires College Degrees for Child Care
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
Sadly, this is unsurprising. To the left, more regulation is always the answer. (My goldfish died! -MORE REGULATIONS! I can't find my car keys -MORE REGULATIONS!)

Honestly, elementary and junior high school teaching positions shouldn't require a college degree, but most get their master's or higher...

I haven't run the numbers, but I'm betting that the cost of a K-12 education tracks almost perfectly with the amount of education/training that most teachers have while the student achievement is like not correlated with the education/training of said teachers.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 04:17:37 PM »
Ooooo...also, can someone please start calling the lawmakers racist for the clear disparate impact of this law?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 05:37:20 PM »
Wonder why parents aren't required to have degrees in child care?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »
Wonder why parents aren't required to have degrees in child care?

Don't give them any ideas.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 06:57:03 PM »
I was shocked about needing a college degree to become a bus driver about 30 years ago.  Finally located my diploma, and they wouldn't accept it at first because it was in Latin.  Jumped through a bunch of hoops for them to OK it as legit.

Pissed me off that when they returned it, the frame glass was broken.

I always felt that was discriminatory.  The fact that a degree was required, not that they broke the glass.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »
Ooooo...also, can someone please start calling the lawmakers racist for the clear disparate impact of this law?

OK...