Author Topic: Another stab in the back to our greatest ally in the last 100 years...  (Read 3054 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8304654/WikiLeaks-cables-US-agrees-to-tell-Russia-Britains-nuclear-secrets.html

Note:  Wikileaks did not leak the info to the Russians.

Wikileaks leaked the info to the public that the Obama Administration backstabbed the UK by releasing British nuclear deterrent secrets to the Russians.

Why on Earf do we want to appease the Russians at the expense of the British? :'(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Another stab in the back to our greatest ally in the last 100 years...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »
I Hope that this doesn't Change our relationship with Britain.

There is a good chance that Britain new about this plan ahead of time. Nothing wrong with a little misinformation.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »
I'm not trying to defend Obama here but nations spy on their allies as well as their enemies;
When the U.S. Navy was debating whether or not to acquire the British Harrier "jump-jet" British Intelligence had plenty of  .... "stuff" on American politicians (who would be the ones taking the decision to buy British Aerospace Harriers) to...how shall I express this? ..."twist their arms," so to say.  I mean, things like who they were sleeping with, stuff like that. 
That we spy on the Brits as well should surprise no one.
That Obama backstabs Great Britain should disgust us all......... [barf]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
I'm not trying to defend Obama here but nations spy on their allies as well as their enemies;
When the U.S. Navy was debating whether or not to acquire the British Harrier "jump-jet" British Intelligence had plenty of  .... "stuff" on American politicians (who would be the ones taking the decision to buy British Aerospace Harriers) to...how shall I express this? ..."twist their arms," so to say.  I mean, things like who they were sleeping with, stuff like that. 
That we spy on the Brits as well should surprise no one.
That Obama backstabs Great Britain should disgust us all......... [barf]

From the article, the secrets that Obama is releasing have to do with the Trident missiles we gave to Great Britain. So we didn't have to spy on them to obtain that information.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:07:53 PM »
So we did this to get them to sign off on the new START treaty.  What do we get out of that treaty again?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »
From the article, the secrets that Obama is releasing have to do with the Trident missiles we gave to Great Britain. So we didn't have to spy on them to obtain that information.

By extension then..  didn't he give the Russians info on our missiles?

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45:34 AM »
By extension then..  didn't he give the Russians info on our missiles?

Yup.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:24:50 AM »
He still doesn't like the British, though one would think he'd be a little less petty about it. Mr. President, go invade Canada or something, and get it out of your system.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 02:05:30 AM »
He doesn't like the British, and, well, he doesn't like us much either.

I find this, if true, to be indefensible.

But it doesn't surprise me.

So...what next?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.