Author Topic: Change? Yeah, right.  (Read 2502 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Change? Yeah, right.
« on: November 20, 2008, 08:44:10 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20081119/pl_bloomberg/asw3iclj8ask_1
Holder as Attorney General Would Expand Clinton Aides for Obama
       WRAL Raleigh Nov. 19 (Bloomberg) -- President-elect Barack Obama repeatedly is turning to the Clinton administration for his Cabinet and staff, the latest example coming yesterday when Eric Holder emerged as the leading candidate for attorney general.

Holder, who served as former President Bill Clinton's deputy attorney general, is undergoing a formal check of his background by Obama's transition team and hasn't yet been formally offered the job, according to three Democrats familiar with the transition.

Obama already has named Rahm Emanuel to be his chief of staff and Ron Klain to be Vice President-elect Joe Biden's chief of staff. Both served in the Clinton administration. John Podesta, who served as Clinton's chief of staff, is helping to run the transition process.

In addition, Hillary Clinton is the leading candidate for secretary of state, a Democrat familiar with the matter said. Bill Richardson, who served as Clinton's energy secretary, also has been interviewed by Obama for a possible cabinet post.

Recycling Clinton era appointees......yeah.....now that is change....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Change? Yeah, right.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:50:33 AM »
"What goes around comes around ..." :O
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MT GUNNY

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »
You can keep your change: Palin 2012

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »
I've been pointing out for a while that Obama, the candidate of change, is surrounding himself with the status quo. It's amazing the number of people who either don't realize that or willfully choose to ignore it.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 03:16:23 PM by cosine »
Andy

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 02:30:01 PM »
I'd like to see a nice master list of Obama appointees and their ties to Washington, I'm too lazy to make it myself right now though.
Look, tiny text!

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »
I've been pointing out for a while that Obama, the candidate of change, is surrounding himself with the status quo. It's amazing the number of people who either don't realize that or willfully choose to ignore it.

He's just choosing 'experienced' staff to help him navigate washington!

Don't worry-once he gets done choosing the who's who of DC for his entire staff and cabinet, then he'll get down to real nuts and bolts change.

Barack Obama:  Change through Continuity, Hope for the Future with Vision from the Past.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

grey54956

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
The politics of failure have failed!  It's time to make them work again!
"There are no carefully crafted arguments here, just a sausage-chain of emotional crotch-grabs." - Longeyes

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye and see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert, Dune

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 01:05:16 PM »
Barack Obama:  Change through Continuity, Hope for the Future with Vision from the Past.
:lol: :lol: :lol: =D =D =D

Thanks, that was hilarious!!!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 04:30:07 PM »
to get things done in DC you need "juice"

Obama has earned no juice, so he appoints the reining juice holders

SNAFU
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

castle key

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »
Out with the old..

In with the older!!
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.