Author Topic: @Jim147 Re: Maytag dishwasher repair  (Read 739 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
@Jim147 Re: Maytag dishwasher repair
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:51:01 PM »
We have a portable dishwasher, and the coupler where it attaches to the faucet leaks a little unless you get it lined up perfectly.  It didn't use to do that, or maybe it just didn't use to have enough play to go on crooked enough to leak.  And now it just pops off from the water pressure.  (the water pressure is *very* high here.)  I'm guessing the 4 little white teeth that hold it on the faucet adapter are worn.  Do I need a whole new hose assembly, or just a rebuild kit like this?   I'm not sure that's the right part, but it looks right.  Although it's missing a hard white plastic gasket (maybe that's a different part, or the old one is reusable)

I seem to recall once upon a time dishwasher couplings had stainless steel balls to hold them to the faucet adapter instead of tiny plastic chips.  Is it possible/reasonable to retrofit this with another brand adapter that will hold up to high pressure better?
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
Re: @Jim147 Re: Maytag dishwasher repair
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
Sorry haven't been on for a couple days. Do you have a model number?

I'll look in my older books to see if I can find a metal set but they have been plastic for a while now.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 12:55:54 AM »
Sorry haven't been on for a couple days. Do you have a model number?

I'll look in my older books to see if I can find a metal set but they have been plastic for a while now.

Hi Jim,
I can't find a model number anywhere.  I thought it would be on the inside edge of the door, or on the back of the cabinet.  Maybe I have to take the top off to see it?

My best bet is probably rebuild the coupling if I can find a kit for it, and the kit I linked looks right, if Whirlpool made hoses for Maytag.  Might be worth gambling $20.
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »
I found the model number.  I was looking on the edge of the door; it was on the door frame :D  MDC4809AWB0.  Is Whirlpool 285170 the right rebuild kit for the coupler?  Thanks.
"It's good, though..."