Author Topic: A Craving For Human Pee  (Read 637 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
A Craving For Human Pee
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:42:26 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
Re: A Craving For Human Pee
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 09:46:58 AM »
Oh no ... Bear Grylls Syndrome is spreading to wildlife ...

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 09:56:33 AM »
Oh no ... Bear Grylls Syndrome is spreading to wildlife ...

I was just 10 minutes too late with the snark...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 09:59:27 AM »
I was just 10 minutes too late with the snark...

Don't feel bad. If I were fully awake, I would have used that in the OP. My excuse is that Cordex is three hours ahead of me.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2018, 03:30:22 PM »
I was going to suggest salt licks, but since they are not native and there are too many already, that might not be the best plan. 

They must not have enough to do.  They could probably find someone who would trap them and remove them for free if they didn't care what happened to the goats afterward..
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:36:57 PM »
I guess goats really will eat anything.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/a23511011/olympic-national-park-goats-urine/

First thing I did when I saw the thread title was check if Millcreek posted it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »
First thing I did when I saw the thread title was check if Millcreek posted it.

That's hilarious, because when I posted it the first thing I thought was, "This is something Millcreek would post."  :rofl:

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 05:04:30 PM »
The goats of the Olympic National Park take no crap from anyone.  A case in point: seven years ago, a goat gored a hiker and ripped open his femoral artery.  The hiker bled out and died within minutes.  My routine woods/hiking carry is 158 grain JSP .357 in a Ruger SP-101, and at the very least, that should convince the goat to move on down the trail.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/mountain-goat-kills-man-in-olympic-national-park/

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 05:51:55 PM »
*shrug* this does not surprise me.

Billy goats will pee on their own heads for funnsies.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »
That fatality a few years ago was tragic.  IIRC, the man was part of a small group that encountered a goat that refused to let them pass.  The man sent the rest of the group back the way they came and then tried to shoo the goat away.  When the man failed to rejoin the group, they looked for him and found him dead.  The goat had gored him once right in a femoral artery, causing him to bleed out.

The relocation plan is controversial among PNW hikers.  Some doubt the finding that the goats are non-native.  Goats that can’t be relocated will be shot.

Oops!  Just saw MillCreek’s post.  I, too, carry an SP-101 at times when hiking, so I guess I’m copying him on that, too.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 09:40:50 PM »

The relocation plan is controversial among PNW hikers.  Some doubt the finding that the goats are non-native.  Goats that can’t be relocated will be shot.

I'm guessing that if the local environment doesn't naturally support the goats digestive needs that they didn't live there until someone put them there.  ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 10:10:23 PM »
I'm guessing that if the local environment doesn't naturally support the goats digestive needs that they didn't live there until someone put them there.  ;/

Exactly so.  A hunting club brought in mountain goats from Alaska and British Columbia and introduced them to the Olympic Peninsula and the National Park back in the 1920's.  They are being moved from the Park into the North Cascades. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 11:16:32 PM »
Bluestarlizzard, you are using logic instead of feelings!  Bravo!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame