Author Topic: Photos of Chicago railroads from the 1940s  (Read 919 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Photos of Chicago railroads from the 1940s
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 09:45:03 AM »
This one came through the area a couple of years ago. I shot a couple rolls of B&W film through my medium format camera. This pic came out pretty good.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 09:54:43 AM »
Neat photo!

That was the last steam locomotive delivered to the Union Pacific -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Pacific_844
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 12:06:58 PM »
One of my fantasies is we'd go on a national program to build high speed, elevated mag lev trains using the interstate highway rights of way.  It would be great to be able to travel this way all across the country.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »
^^^I endorse this. A nationwide bullet train system with a dedicated above-grade rail/track system.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.