Author Topic: In Real Life Glasses  (Read 480 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
In Real Life Glasses
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:15:26 AM »
Glasses that block video screens. When I saw the headline, I was like, "WTF?" on what their use would be. From the GIF (I couldn't get the video to play), I guess if you, sadly, lived in a place like NYC, they might be of use to you. I guess if nothing else, it makes me glad I don't live in a big city, where people have to come up with stuff like this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ivancash/irl-glasses-glasses-that-block-screens

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: In Real Life Glasses
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 09:31:20 AM »
At least it would block the propaganda messages from They.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 11:08:18 AM »
LOL... what a ripoff.

They're just polarized sunglasses. The only difference is that they are vertically polarized. Most/all sunglasses that are polarized are horizontaltally polarized to cut down glare from low-angle sunlight.

Vertical polarization will make LCD screens in the common landscape orientation look black. Regular horizontal polarized sunglasses will make LCD screens turned 90 degrees into the tall/portrait orientation look black.

And none of this will work on CRTs, LEDs, OLEDs, Plasma, DLP or laser based video projectors.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 12:22:37 PM »
LOL... what a ripoff.

They're just polarized sunglasses. The only difference is that they are vertically polarized. Most/all sunglasses that are polarized are horizontaltally polarized to cut down glare from low-angle sunlight.

Vertical polarization will make LCD screens in the common landscape orientation look black. Regular horizontal polarized sunglasses will make LCD screens turned 90 degrees into the tall/portrait orientation look black.

And none of this will work on CRTs, LEDs, OLEDs, Plasma, DLP or laser based video projectors.

For that reason, they would be absolutely worthless to me. I use polarized prescription sunglasses, because sun glare gives me horrible headaches.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama