Author Topic: will the liberals take us this far?  (Read 4068 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
will the liberals take us this far?
« on: September 22, 2009, 09:32:13 AM »
Click here: http://elmtreeforge.blogspot.com/2009/09/if-i-had-father-i-would-have-got-good.html  'If I had a father, I would have got a good hiding and would not be here.'

Read the blog.  Then read the article.  Then go back and find the link for the article on feral youths.        (here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1214549/Feral-youths-How-generation-violent-illiterate-young-men-living-outside-boundaries-civilised-society.html if you can't find it or are lazy)

This is what we are heading back towards, if the liberals are allowed to have their way with our society.

Is it too late to do anything about it?

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: will the liberals take us this far?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:52:17 AM »
benefit. Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/benefit (accessed: September 22, 2009).

ben⋅e⋅fit
  /ˈbɛnəfɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ben-uh-fit] Show IPA noun, verb, -fit⋅ed, -fit⋅ing.

–noun
1.    something that is advantageous or good; an advantage: He explained the benefits of public ownership of the postal system.
2.    a payment or gift, as one made to help someone or given by a benefit society, insurance company, or public agency: The company offers its employees a pension plan, free health insurance, and other benefits.
3.    a theatrical performance or other public entertainment to raise money for a charitable organization or cause.
4.    Archaic. an act of kindness; good deed; benefaction.

Origin:
1350–1400; late ME benefytt, benefett (n.), alter. (with Latinized first syll.) of ME b(i)enfet, benefait < AF benfet, MF bienfait < L benefactum good deed; see bene-, fact

"Benefits" don't seem to be "benefiting" the subjects of the UK so much.  I see little good coming from the system and a lot of bad.

Seems not only has Dad's role been sidelined, but so has the concept of benefactor in English/American society or patrón in Latin society.  A guiding influence that gives a small stimulus head-start and then coaches the recipient on how to succeed.

As far as the article bemoaning the failure of schools to instill morals... I consider that a non-issue.  Schools were never intended to build moral character.  Just the opposite.  Public education was created to avoid establishing a centralized moral code... that's why we have charter schools, private religious schools, military academies and other institutions that actually advertise that fact.  Teachers are discouraged or even prohibited from making value judgements on kids and establishing a punishment system based on those values.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »
Excellent article.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »
For the scale and perspective, just how common is violent crime in Great Britain currently, compared to the US? I know it says youths commit 60% of it, but how much is that?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
For the scale and perspective, just how common is violent crime in Great Britain currently, compared to the US? I know it says youths commit 60% of it, but how much is that?
From what I've read, the US murder rate is higher than Britain.

I've seen conflicting data on rape rates - some of which has to do with the way crimes are reported and recorded.

It's my understanding that just about all other crime rates (from home invasions to petty theft) are higher in Britain, and a higher percentage of the population has been victimized by "some" crime.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 11:05:36 AM »
This is my understanding of it, too, but I can't find any official source to  confirm it.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »
This is my understanding of it, too, but I can't find any official source to  confirm it.

Ditto. I'd love to find that data.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 11:28:50 AM »
Comparing uniform crime statistics between nations is like herding cats.

- There are multiple agencies/.gov entities that do the collection and reporting.
- There are different criteria. Convictions (plea deals)? 911/999 calls? Charges by prosecutors?
- Underreporting for political reasons.
- Overreporting for political reasons.

It would be good to have hard numbers, but the common thread seems to be, America has more murders, the UK more violent and property crimes per capita.

And that visitors from the UK are often shocked to find how "safe" and "peaceful" the U.S. overall, because in general crime and hooliganisim is more evenly distributed in the U.K., whereas in the U.S. it's more confined to the ghetto/inner city and known "hotspots".
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »
A study I saw several years ago showed that the US was #17 for violent crime amongst the western nations. UK and most European countries were ahead of us.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 11:57:14 AM »
1. They're not so-called "liberals" but Marxist parasites.
2. It's easier to turn women into state dependents than men.
3. America's leftist extremists aren't emulating the UK, but East Germany.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »
Per 100,000, US data as of 2007-
Homicide: in UK is 1.49.  In the U.S. it is 5.9, from the FBI(http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_16.html).

Robbery: in UK is 164 vs. US 147 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_01.html).

Burglary: UK is 523 vs. US 722 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_01.html).

UK Data: http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs08/hosb0708.pdf

You can dig for more statistics throughout those links, it is interesting reading, and probably some of the least adulterated stuff you can find since it has not been through the media wringer yet.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 12:57:54 PM »
Demographics come into play, too.

A while back, Chicago did a major study of all murders committed over a 20 year period in that city.

As I recall, about 3/4 of the perps had prior criminal records.

The good news was that 2/3 of the victims also had prior criminal records, showing that the majority of murders occured within the criminal class.

Then someone started breaking things down by other demographics . . . when strong correlations between murder and certain ethnicities began to emerge (this was Chicago, remember) they pretty much clamped a lid on further reporting.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »
Per 100,000, US data as of 2007-
Homicide: in UK is 1.49.  In the U.S. it is 5.9, from the FBI(http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2007/data/table_16.html).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that ALL killings, including self defence & criminals shot by the police in the act are all counted as "homicide"? If so, the question remains how many of these homicides that weren't justifiable...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 09:25:17 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that ALL killings, including self defence & criminals shot by the police in the act are all counted as "homicide"? If so, the question remains how many of these homicides that weren't justifiable...

Depends on what definition of justifiable you use, there have been a good number of people tried and convicted of murder in the UK for defending themselves that would never have been convicted in the US
Look, tiny text!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 11:07:51 PM »
i'd give gang banger on gang banger homicide a different weight in the stats as well
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I