Author Topic: Polish Women Troops, 1943  (Read 463 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Polish Women Troops, 1943
« on: April 28, 2023, 07:29:03 AM »
Don't quite know what to make of this except to say I found it interesting.

https://youtu.be/aJZkWM4DeGQ (11:02)

Kind of a longish vid for me, but I actually watched it through without skipping.

The battle exercises were especially fascinating.

(This is the one I was actually looking for:

https://youtu.be/xXcPd9afTCQ (14:21) )

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
Re: Polish Women Troops, 1943
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 09:18:36 AM »
. . .

(This is the one I was actually looking for:

https://youtu.be/xXcPd9afTCQ (14:21) )
I always wonder how many hours of drilling it took to get that many "troops" to march in virtually perfect synchronization like that.  (But of course . . . where's the diversity?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 09:22:28 AM »
The Chinese Rockettes are pretty hot... And they seem to deal okay with Drill & Ceremonies...

How do I surrender?

I'm guessing that was MONTHS of training, with a lot of washouts.
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 12:01:32 PM »
I always wonder how many hours of drilling it took to get that many "troops" to march in virtually perfect synchronization like that.  (But of course . . . where's the diversity?)
I've always wondered about that, too, given the time it takes for aural orders to get all the way through the group.  Especially with the synchronized vocal responses from the group. Timing could be transmitted optically somehow, I guess, as with a drum major.

It occurred to me to check out the timing involved in football half time shows, too.  For 100 yards. transmission time is 0.27 seconds.  Seems like even half that, 136 ms, would disrupt the oom-pa-pa without drum major visual signals.  Never been in a marching band, so don't know.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 12:06:11 PM »
I think 99% of Chinese military videos like at 02:08 are narrated by the same guy trying to make his voice as deep as possible
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 01:16:47 PM »
Babushka Brigade
7-11 was a part time job.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 04:11:47 PM »
I've always wondered about that, too, given the time it takes for aural orders to get all the way through the group.  Especially with the synchronized vocal responses from the group. Timing could be transmitted optically somehow, I guess, as with a drum major.

It occurred to me to check out the timing involved in football half time shows, too.  For 100 yards. transmission time is 0.27 seconds.  Seems like even half that, 136 ms, would disrupt the oom-pa-pa without drum major visual signals.  Never been in a marching band, so don't know.
Texas A&M still has a military style marching band.  I was never in it so I am just guessing, but they have 3 drum majors with whistles.  I am sure the yard markers on the field help a lot also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqksWMocu5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Ym3uaAnZg
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 05:40:53 PM »
Thanks !  That's positively amazing.  They must have magnum whistles that blow at over 3300 feet per second !

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 06:00:30 PM »
Don't quite know what to make of this except to say I found it interesting.

https://youtu.be/aJZkWM4DeGQ (11:02)

Does anyone know what the rifles they're carrying are?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2023, 06:05:20 PM »
Does anyone know what the rifles they're carrying are?

The Chinese marchers?
Looks like QCW-05 minus the suppressor you'll usually see in photos

Edit: Possibility it may be the QCQ-05 variant of the QCW-05 to be more precise which usually doesn't have a suppressor
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 06:33:39 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2023, 07:49:34 PM »
The marchers all look pretty much the same height - if they varied a lot, I imagine it would be difficult to get them all to have the same stride length so they stayed in line and sync.

(You don't think they'd have their upper legs strapped together under their skirts to be FORCED to have the same stride length, do you? It IS a Chicom group, after all.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2023, 07:58:05 PM »
In the US version most would be obese and many would have hairy legs and 5 o'clock shadow.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2023, 08:01:10 PM »
In the US version most would be obese and many would have hairy legs and 5 o'clock shadow.
Personal pronouns and private parts would vary as well.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2023, 08:04:47 PM »
Personal pronouns and private parts would vary as well.

Thought that was implied with the 5 o'clock shadow  :P
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2023, 09:38:48 PM »
The Chinese marchers?

No, the Polish women
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2023, 09:59:02 PM »
No, the Polish women

Look like Lee–Enfield No.1 Mk.III*
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 10:11:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2023, 10:58:24 PM »
No, the Polish women

I thought they were SMLEs, Short Magazine Lee-Enfields also, but wasn't sure.   I've heard them referred to as "Smelly Ellies...  SMLE... " Not fair because they were fine rifles.  I had one for a while but I did not like that it cocked on bolt closure.  Which, I am told, made extracting stiff cases easier since you weren't fighting both the extraction and the firing pin cocking forces.  Maybe, but I still didn't like it.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2023, 11:46:50 PM »
I just had a thought . . .

Looking at those Chicom red women's militia members . . . if you were a witness to one of them committing a crime . . . could YOU pick out the guilty party from a line-up of other militia members?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2023, 10:37:16 AM »
I figured it was either a gene pattern or a selection pattern, selection being more likely.

However, many decades ago I saw a genetics thesis that sooner or later, all humans would pretty much look alike.  Didn't know what to think of about that then, don't know now, either.  Was either in Time magazine or Scientific American from back when both of them had some credibility.

Back then, I remember Philip Wylie wisecracking that he used to read Time to keep up with Information, now ("then") he reads it to keep up with the Biases.  I believe that appeared in his book "Opus 21."

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 10:56:06 AM by 230RN »