Author Topic: Soldier has live RPG surgically removed. (graphic video)  (Read 10000 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Soldier has live RPG surgically removed. (graphic video)
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »
This story is about PVT Channing Moss, who was impaled by a live RPG during a Taliban ambush while on patrol.  Army protocol says that medevac choppers are never to carry anyone with a live round in him.  Even though they feared it could explode, the flight crew said damn the protocol and flew him to the nearest aid station.
 Again, protocol said that in such a case the patient is to be put in sandbagged area away from the surgical unit, given a shot of morphine and left to wait (and die) until others are treated.  Again, the medical team ignored the protocol.  Here's a seven-minute video put together by the Military Times, which includes actual footage of the surgery where Dr. John Oh, a Korean immigrant who became a naturalized citizen and went to West Point , removed the live round with the help of volunteers and a member of the EOD  (explosive ordinance disposal) team.
Click link below:

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/?bcrefid=808163493#/Live+RPG+removed+from+soldier/51745112001
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Soldier has live RPG surgically removed.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:51:14 PM »
I loved our corpsmen and docs unconditionally when I was in, and I still do. Medics are some of my most favoritest peoples.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Soldier has live RPG surgically removed. (graphic video)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 11:01:45 PM »
 Here's a seven-minute video put together by the Military Times, which includes actual footage of the surgery where Dr. John Oh, a Korean immigrant who became a naturalized citizen and went to West Point , removed the live round with the help of volunteers and a member of the EOD  (explosive ordinance disposal) team.

I'm sure for doc surgical 'war stories', this one will take the cake.   

"So this one time I had to remove a cancer blah blah blah.  So top that, Doctor Oh!"
"I removed a live and armed rocket that was embedded in a soldier.  He lived."
"You win."

That man should never have to buy another beer for the rest of his life.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:52:14 AM »
Saw this on Discovery.  IIRC, the main charge had sheered off before it hit him, but the detonator was still in place.  Still a pretty hairy situation.  :O
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:11:44 AM »
The IDF did this one with a retard who fired a LAW into his own belly at point-blank (YES THIS IS AS STUPID AS IT SOUNDS).
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 12:04:25 PM »
The IDF did this one with a retard who fired a LAW into his own belly at point-blank (YES THIS IS AS STUPID AS IT SOUNDS).

See, this is why Israel is evil, thwarting Darwin like that.

Did he look forward, in front of him and declare, "Backblast area clear!" before mashing the firing dealie?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »
Micro, could he not read English??? ???

I remember my grandfather telling me that someone got hit (I think on Saipan) with a Japanese knee mortar round and did not explode.

Was there not a scene from Blackhawk Down with a live RPG-Cem' stuck in a Ranger?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »
His tale was retold to us in boot camp together with documentary footage.

Summary:

1. Idiot is sent to patrol perimeter, gets bored, leaves patrol. Finds some place on-base where another idiot left several unattended LAWs [!!].

2. Idiot starts playing with the launcher tubes and accidentally causes one of them to unfold to its full length. The idiot tries to fold the tube back. As he has no clue how to do so, he panics.

3. Idiot places tube on the ground and tries to lean on it with his stomach to make it close. When he fails at that, he starts pushing whatever looks like a button or latch on the surface, still leaning on the tube.

4. Hilarity ensues.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »
Was there not a scene from Blackhawk Down with a live RPG-Cem' stuck in a Ranger?

PFC Richard Kowalewski

Born in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania.  Buried at Arlington, October 15, 1993.  Section 60, grave 5789.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 03:23:29 PM »

Summary:
3. Idiot places tube on the ground and tries to lean on it with his stomach to make it close. When he fails at that, he starts pushing whatever looks like a button or latch on the surface, still leaning on the tube.

4. Hilarity ensues.

A. Why didn't this thing go through and through?

B. MAN that's GOTTA STING !!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 03:42:33 PM »
A. Why didn't this thing go through and through?

B. MAN that's GOTTA STING !!

A.  It's a LAW.  LAW's suck.  They're small and portable, but they suck.  They barely take the paint off an armored vehicle.

B.  I certainly hope so.  Stupidity should be painful.

=D

280plus

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »
A. Well that sucks.

B.  :lol:

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 04:11:04 PM »

Summary:

1. Idiot is sent to patrol perimeter, gets bored, leaves patrol. Finds some place on-base where another idiot left several unattended LAWs [!!].

2. Idiot starts playing with the launcher tubes and accidentally causes one of them to unfold to its full length. The idiot tries to fold the tube back. As he has no clue how to do so, he panics.

4. Hilarity ensues.

They had documentary footage of this incident?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 03:17:24 AM »
They had documentary footage of this incident?

Probably of the aftermath...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 03:19:33 AM »
Probably of the aftermath...

Mostly video of the idiot being airlifted out.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 05:01:22 PM »
A number of similar stories come out of Vietnam.  One I remember was a mortar round entering a Vietnamese soldier's chest cavity between his neck and shoulder. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »
This story is about PVT Channing Moss, who was impaled by a live RPG during a Taliban ambush while on patrol.  Army protocol says that medevac choppers are never to carry anyone with a live round in him.  Even though they feared it could explode, the flight crew said damn the protocol and flew him to the nearest aid station.
 Again, protocol said that in such a case the patient is to be put in sandbagged area away from the surgical unit, given a shot of morphine and left to wait (and die) until others are treated.  Again, the medical team ignored the protocol.  Here's a seven-minute video put together by the Military Times, which includes actual footage of the surgery where Dr. John Oh, a Korean immigrant who became a naturalized citizen and went to West Point , removed the live round with the help of volunteers and a member of the EOD  (explosive ordinance disposal) team.
Click link below:

http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/?bcrefid=808163493#/Live+RPG+removed+from+soldier/51745112001

They forgot to mention the HUGE TITANIUM BALLS that doc has.

God bless 'em.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour