Author Topic: Whizbang Sweeper Mops?  (Read 914 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Whizbang Sweeper Mops?
« on: January 01, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »
I need a tool to clean spills & soils on smooth floor surfaces, particularly in my kitchen, where my culinary expression is in frequent evidence. I don't want to deal with using a traditional rag mop, and scrubbing on hands and knees is feasible but not desirable. In this age of WetJet, etc., what have you found works that's effective and economical?

Thanks,

SADShooter
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Whizbang Sweeper Mops?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:52:05 PM »
http://www.homedepot.com/Kitchen-Cleaning-Supplies/Rubbermaid/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xh8ZbvaoZ1an/R-202329550/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I recently bought this and am very impressed.  It does an excellent job and is very well made.  $ 25 at your nearest Home Depot or Target.  Reusable and washable microfiber pad and you can use your choice of cleaning solution in the refillable bottle.  

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 03:53:07 PM »
what have you found works that's effective and economical?

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 04:44:58 PM »
Detcord

(somebody had to say it)
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 04:46:54 PM »
Thanks. MillCreek, that looks like the ticket.

Ben, I do indeed know the cleaning power of the black lab tongue. I will have a dog again, just can't swing it right now.

ETA: Regolith, effective but somewhat short of the economical requirement.  ;)
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
Sold!

Not the dog, the mop.  I got a retriever and she truly does outstanding work.  I need the mop for detailed work.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon