Author Topic: Whiny little beech...  (Read 2450 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Whiny little beech...
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:34:20 PM »
Maybe Howard should have thought about the special equipment and monthly fees that are required to listen to his show and wonder if everyone is really THAT dedicated to his cult of personality...

NEW YORK - Howard Stern is angry more fans haven't followed him to satellite radio. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 52-year-old shock jock lashes out at those of his fan base who haven't made the transition to Sirius Satellite Radio.

In January, Stern moved his popular and bawdy morning show to the subscription satellite radio provider.

"I was just at my psychiatrist and I said, `I just got great news: We hit the 4 million mark. And I'm angry. It should be 20 million,'" Stern says in the magazine, on newsstands Monday.

"It's insulting to me that everyone hasn't come with me. I take it personally," he says.

"I want to say to my audience ... `You haven't come with me yet? How dare you? We're up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap bastard!'"

In February, CBS Radio, formerly known as Infinity Broadcasting, filed a lawsuit against Stern for improperly using airtime to promote his new show on Sirius.

Stern has claimed the lawsuit is without merit.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 03:59:05 PM »
Whadda marooooooon!
I wouldn't listen to him when it was free. What are the odds that I'd pay for the privelege?

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 04:05:45 PM »
I knew it. I listened to him and believe he is quite possibly the best ad libber we have today but follow him to pay radio? Not me. Call me cheap, I don't care. There were plenty of times I turned him off cause I just didn't like listening to him that day. Looks like he's not as high and mighty as he once thought. Sometimes he was good, other times he sucked.

I do miss the midget lesbian love connection fart contests though. rolleyes

Heh my favorie saying, "Howard Stern, 50,000 watts of fifth grade fun!"

I'll say one thing. Listening to him on his own station in and around NYC was a WHOLE diifferent experience than listening to him on a syndicated feed station. Night and day.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Declaration Day

• friends
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »
I regularly listen to the local radio station that used to have Howard Stern.  I'll admit that I like toilet humor, but it DOES have to be funny and entertaining.

Sorry, but I do not find Howard to be exceptionally funny OR entertaining.  I couldn't stand more than five minutes of his show per week when it was free.  I sure as heck ain't payin' for it.

Any of you from the Detroit area familiar with Drew and Mike?  They are the gold standard of entertaining toilet humor.

mustanger98

• friend
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 05:54:06 PM »
I know some parents who take exception to their kids listening to Howard Stern. Most of that has to do with him being rude and having naked women on his show among the rest of the vulgarity. The general consensus there is that they'd rather know he's on satellite radio where a lot fewer kids have access than on regular broadcast radio. I have to agree with them on the grounds that a lot of kids come into contact with stuff they don't know how to handle before they have enough parental discussion to have an idea how to handle it if not just turn it off and let it alone.

Personally, I don't like personalities who act like "okay, here I am; ya'll come worship me". IMNSHO, Stern is one of those. In this way, he's kinda like a lot of major league ball players who also don't get my attention.

Dannyboy

• friend
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 02:43:46 AM »
Speaking of naked women, he had a few girls on the show with, umm, power tools.  If you know what I mean.  A reciprocating saw with something other than a sawblade at the end of it.  Apparently one girl found it to be quite the companion.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Stickjockey

• friend
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 07:56:27 AM »
He was an arrogant twit before Sirius; he's an arrogant twit now.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

280plus

• friend
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 08:01:46 AM »
And for all the backslapping he gave himself for his acting in his movie. From the small portion I saw, I thought he sucked.

There I said it!

Cheesy

Whiny little beech...
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 12:29:23 PM »
$500 million dollars over 5 years. This isnt broadcast where he gets paid based on sponsorship. That is a contract and he gets paid no matter what.

This is a man who has NO SKILLS whatsoever. He couldnt assemble a desk from Ikea or think his way out of a paper bag, but he is making more than the GNP of a small country to sit in a studio and goof off. Yeah, you guys should really go teach him how to make money cause clearly the man has no clue.

For the record, Sirius is actually tracking along exactly within their predictions. here is an article from last year from before the move:

http://news.com.com/Is+Stern+worth+his+millions/2100-1026_3-5994210.html

You can see that with 4 million subscribers in early 2006, they have exceeded theri expectiations. This news announcement is a Stern publicity stunt, which is what he is known for, looks like a lot of you guys swallowed it.

280plus

• friend
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 01:27:03 PM »
If I ain't paying Sirius to listen to Stern, I haven't swallowed a thing...

Cheesy

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 02:14:45 PM »
naked women on a radio show .... gee, what will they think of next ...?   Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

pawcatch

Whiny little beech...
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 02:58:53 PM »
Never cared for Howard and never will.His lithium in his battery ran out long ago.
However,Opie and Anthony will burn bright for ages because they truly believe in what they do.

mustanger98

• friend
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 03:24:52 PM »
"naked women on a radio show .... gee, what will they think of next ...?"

Yeah, that made me wonder too.

"think his way out of a paper bag"

That must be true.

"Howard Stern, 50,000 watts of fifth grade fun!"

That ain't the 5th grade I remember.

"He was an arrogant twit before Sirius; he's an arrogant twit now."

I got to thinking on it... and a lot of good that does... but, if he's mad because he thinks he's 16million listeners short, and if his anger comes across on his show, I'd bet those 4million listeners will get tired of it in a hurry and turn off. Then, his economic situation- $5million over three years along with whatever Sirius takes in- will dry up and blow away. No more Howard Stern Show.

Antibubba

• friend
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 06:10:15 PM »
Howard has his moments, but only a fool would think that he believes anything he says out loud.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 11:02:02 PM »
my bro in law got the sat radio for stern, personally I don't hate him but I can't stand his show...I like mike savage, phil hendry, DR Laura, Sean Hannity, Gun Talk, Glenn Beck.
I don't have the time for gossip and entertainment talk...if howard really wanted me to listen he would send one of those strippers to my house for a private invitation
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 09:15:37 AM »
Glorious Leader!  Shall we allow BenW to flout your rule!  Must not his insolence in duping your thread be punished, and that most severely?  May the revolution, ever-glorious, last forever!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 09:19:25 AM »
A-HA! Fistful is playing both sides against each other.

I say Mike and I sign a treaty to invade Fistful's territory, take his lands, and ravish his women.
Cheesy
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 10:09:31 AM »
"I say Mike and I sign a treaty to invade Fistful's territory, take his lands..."

Allies are for the weak...

"Ravish his women."

OK, I can get onboard with that...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »
Allies are for the weak...
That's okay -- I planned on double-crossing you when we got to the women ravishing part. Tongue
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 10:47:55 AM »
Is someone behind me... HEY KNOCK THAT OFF!

Freak!

Cheesy

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 10:51:37 AM »
Is someone behind me
That would be the dreaded Queen Mother-in-Law of Fistful-land. I already made off with all the fair Princesses...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
"I already made off with all the fair Princesses..."

And who just gave you a Colombian Necktie.

She works for me.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »
Dammit. But at least I went out in style. Cheesy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 12:48:49 PM »
Infidels!  You shall not defile the sacred land of fistfulstan, nor sacreligiously capitalize The Name, without feeling the wrath of fisful!  In the jihad you shall be routed utterly, and made slaves to fistful's faithful.  Surely, all those who come against fistful, He shall break their faces and pound their bones into very dust, and the length and horror of their suffering on the Last Day, and after, shall be much multiplied.  

Lo, but all those who shall turn and go in the way of fistful and of his prophet (who is also fistful), shall He forgive and shall welcome them into His paradise where the rivers of Virgil's (TM) brand root beer shall never end, nor the supply of free ammo and sweet guns.  For fistful is compassionate, merciful.

Were fistful not himself the last prophet, he would apologize to Mohammed for this plagiarism.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Whiny little beech...
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 12:51:11 PM »
OK, this thread has officially crossed the border of "a little odd" to "really freaking out there..."

Oh, and while you were writing your soliloquy?

I took your palace, raided the fridge, and left you an upper decker in your throne room...