Author Topic: Whiskey BBQ Sauce  (Read 1031 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Whiskey BBQ Sauce
« on: September 01, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Whiskey BBQ Sauce
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
Thoughts:

bourbon =  [barf]

tell me all the alcohol cooks off - go ahead and tell me!  I dare you!

otherwise, meh!  But that's because I'm not a fan of BBQ sauces.  I'd rather taste the meat.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 04:47:15 PM »
Whisky is for drinking  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 05:02:10 PM »
Looks like it would be pretty good sauce (can't stand to drink the stuff).
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »
Paula Deen marinated a tenderloin before cooking in Maker's Mark.  At first I though it was wrong on a number of levels, but then concluded it was natural cooking at its finest.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »
Looks good, but I would leave out the liquid smoke and use cayenne pepper insted of the pepper sauce. It must start out pretty thick if you only simmer it for 20 minutes. The homemade sauce I make will simmer for several hours as it cooks downs and concentrates the flavors.

bob

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »
I have had some mind boggling "Rum Dumb Chicken" based on marinating in spiced Myer's Plantation.  Yummy stuff!

The commercial bourbon barbeques I have tried have been cloyingly sweet and fall into the category of things I would not correctly identify if they were served without description.  It is one thing to get that "Wow! What is the mystery flavor?" effect, quite another to to be told the dish dish is based on <whatever> and get the "You must be kidding!" effect.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »
Paula Deen marinated a tenderloin before cooking in Maker's Mark.  At first I though it was wrong on a number of levels, but then concluded it was natural cooking at its finest.

A former girlfriend's dad marinated his steaks in vermouth. They were very tasty.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?