Author Topic: Who are you? I am a disciplined free-spirit dreamer.  (Read 2159 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Who are you? I am a disciplined free-spirit dreamer.
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »
http://mic.com/brain/map-your-mind/

YOU ARE THE #BRAINCHILD OF

Leonardo of Arc

You have an active imagination and free-spirited side, which means you dream big, believe anything can happen, and are open to new experiences that might present opportunities to learn and explore. You get these traits from Leonardo da Vinci, the genius artist, inventor and mathematician whose talent is still considered to be one of the greatest in the world.

But you're also very disciplined, and have a strong work ethic that grounds your personality and gives all your big dreams and ideas the fuel to become reality. You get these traits from Joan of Arc, the bold, fearless French heroine who was also canonized as a Catholic saint.

Obviously a penetrating and insightful quiz.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Who are you? I am a disciplined free-spirit dreamer.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:15:41 PM »
Leonardo da Dickinson?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:45:43 PM »
Ludwig van Lincoln

You believe in sharing what you have and sacrificing for the greater good; you get these traits from Abraham Lincoln, the revered, 16th President of the United States who led the U.S. through the Civil War and ultimately abolished slavery. You also make calculated, informed decisions, which means you take calculated risks that have the potential to pay off big time; you get this trait from Ludwig van Beethoven, the prodigious German composer and pianist whose influence on music is immeasurable.

You consider yourself an introverted extrovert, or an extroverted introvert. These traits come from both extrovert-leaning Abraham Lincoln, and Ludwig van Beethoven, the introverted musical genius composer and pianist.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 01:06:09 PM »
You are the #brainchild of

Leonardo of Arc

You have an active imagination and free-spirited side, which means you dream big, believe anything can happen, and are open to new experiences that might present opportunities to learn and explore. You get these traits from Leonardo da Vinci, the genius artist, inventor and mathematician whose talent is still considered to be one of the greatest in the world.

But you're also very disciplined, and have a strong work ethic that grounds your personality and gives all your big dreams and ideas the fuel to become reality. You get these traits from Joan of Arc, the bold, fearless French heroine who was also canonized as a Catholic saint.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:15:01 PM »
Maynard Krebs de Gump

You are retired and don't give much of a crap about anything external any more.

That's it?  No fortune-telling, seance-medium, tea-leaf-or-palm-reading, smarmy blather about my other magnificent qualities?

What a gyp.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 01:15:39 PM »
Leonardo of Arc

#12 should have had "What kind of an idiot waits in line 8 hours for anything?" as a choice.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 01:33:03 PM »
Leonardo of Arc

#12 should have had "What kind of an idiot waits in line 8 hours for anything?" as a choice.

Leonardo of Arc as well.

I think it was a rather flawed test because the options were seriously limited, as you noted.

(You're running late and forgot your notes... Well, I wouldn't have let myself be put in a position to be running late and if I forgot my written notes, I'm the one that wrote them out so I likely wouldn't actually need them. Notes, for me, are generally a "nice to have". Any notes I REALLY need can be redone in about 5 minutes. But sure, I'll go with your implausible scenario.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »
Leonardo of Arc as well.

I think it was a rather flawed test because the options were seriously limited, as you noted.

(You're running late and forgot your notes... Well, I wouldn't have let myself be put in a position to be running late and if I forgot my written notes, I'm the one that wrote them out so I likely wouldn't actually need them. Notes, for me, are generally a "nice to have". Any notes I REALLY need can be redone in about 5 minutes. But sure, I'll go with your implausible scenario.)

Call the guy and say you are running a few minutes late. :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »
Call the guy and say you are running a few minutes late. :facepalm:

My option, combined with 'There was a hugely NASTY accident on the road and I had to stop to help' because my standard for important appointments like mentioned is travel time *2, or plus 30 minutes, whichever is greater, to a max of about an hour for trips less than a day.

So 'find a faster route' transforms into 'forget my notes'(I don't need them) and 'don't stop for lunch across the street, eat my staged snack'.

I'm apparently Abraham da Vinci, though I think they could have done a bit better with more options. 

"You're a true optimist who believes anyone can achieve anything, yourself included."

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:23:51 PM by Firethorn »

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 03:28:52 PM »
A very insightful quiz. I got a screen that was blank except for the Brain Mic logo.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »

Abraham Dickinson
You're a true introvert who takes your work very seriously. You get both your introversion and conscientiousness from Emily Dickinson, the über-talented but reclusive 19th-century poet, and Abraham Lincoln, the revered, 16th President of the United States who led the U.S. through the Civil War and ultimately abolished slavery.

Your rational, math-minded traits come from Abraham Lincoln, and you get your anxious habits come from Emily Dickinson. If you harness your traits to work for and not against you, your drive and focus will outlast your peers'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »
I'm the guy that doesn't take online quizzes.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 05:08:24 PM »
Vincent van Beethoven

"You get your introverted side from both Vincent van Gogh and Ludwig van Beethoven, which proves successful artists and entertainers can be introverts too.

Your energy comes from Ludwig van Beethoven, the prodigious German composer and pianist whose influence on music is immeasurable.

You get your perfectionist, moody side from Vincent van Gogh, the influential Post-Impressionist painter whose eye for even the smallest detail made him one of the most successful artists in the world."

I must be lots of fun at parties. Not that I've ever gone to one

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 05:59:14 PM »
Abraham da Vinci

You're a true optimist who believes anyone can achieve anything, yourself included. You get this trait from both Leonardo da Vinci, the genius artist, inventor and mathematician, and Abraham Lincoln, the revered, 16th President of the United States who led the U.S. through the Civil War and ultimately abolished slavery.

Success is in your blood, with an openness to new experiences and curiosity that often puts you in the right place at the right time; you get these traits from Da Vinci. You also exert optimism and positive energy, which means other people love being around you and always seem to open up to you; that's your Abraham Lincoln side.

Uh, not so much. Some of the questions I couldn't relate to very well, especially the "meeting with someone you've respected for years, but you don't have your notes."  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »
Michelangelo Lincoln

You're a pure optimistic who highly values confidence in yourself and others, and have an attention to detail that sets you apart from other dreamers. You get both of these qualities from Abraham Lincoln, the revered, 16th President of the United States who led the U.S. through the Civil War and ultimately abolished slavery. You're also full of curiosity, energy and imagination; you get these traits from Michelangelo, the Renaissance-era Italian sculptor, painter, architect, poet, and engineer.

Your confidence, optimism and focus might make you intimidating to be around, but for those who can handle it, your personality is contagious.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

CypherNinja

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 06:13:21 PM »
Ludwig Mozart
You're a true introvert and Type A perfectionist, with an attention to detail and focus that drives your success. You get these traits from Wolfgang Mozart, the prodigious and influential composer, and Ludwig van Beethoven, the German composer and pianist whose influence on music is immeasurable.

You might worry a little too much, but you believe people are good and the best outcome will always surface. You also take calculated risks that have the potential to pay off big time; you get this trait from Beethoven.
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 06:31:05 PM »
Abraham Dickinson
You're a true introvert who takes your work very seriously. You get both your introversion and conscientiousness from Emily Dickinson, the über-talented but reclusive 19th-century poet, and Abraham Lincoln, the revered, 16th President of the United States who led the U.S. through the Civil War and ultimately abolished slavery.

Your rational, math-minded traits come from Abraham Lincoln, and you get your anxious habits come from Emily Dickinson. If you harness your traits to work for and not against you, your drive and focus will outlast your peers'.

At least it wasn't Angie Dickinson.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »
Vlad Patton

You're a "take charge" kind of guy who places high demands on both himself and others - you expect to win and will drive yourself and everyone on your side to do so. And Heaven help whoever crosses you.

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 06:51:54 PM »
Vlad Patton

You're a "take charge" kind of guy who places high demands on both himself and others - you expect to win and will drive yourself and everyone on your side to do so. And Heaven help whoever crosses you.
 :rofl:

With a high pitched squeaky voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9DpKDwCJcM
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »
Michelangelo Lincoln

You're a pure optimistic who highly values confidence in yourself and others, and have an attention to detail that sets you apart from other dreamers. You get both of these qualities from Abraham Lincoln, the revered, 16th President of the United States who led the U.S. through the Civil War and ultimately abolished slavery. You're also full of curiosity, energy and imagination; you get these traits from Michelangelo, the Renaissance-era Italian sculptor, painter, architect, poet, and engineer.

Your confidence, optimism and focus might make you intimidating to be around, but for those who can handle it, your personality is contagious.
g

Same thing I got. Show me the whole thing is heinously flawed. Optimistic my dying ass =D.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 08:28:07 PM »
WHAT?

"Your web browser is not capable of displaying this 3D brain interactive. Please try using Chrome, Safari or Firefox and make sure WebGL is enabled."

I've never encountered anything like that before. And I am using Firefox. What the heck is WebGL, how do I find out if it's enabled ... and if I enable it am I opening myself up to greater risk of viruses?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design