Author Topic: China fixing to build huge new missile cruiser  (Read 1066 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
China fixing to build huge new missile cruiser
« on: April 07, 2014, 12:56:16 PM »
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/b88670ed99b

http://china-defense.blogspot.com/2014/04/new-chinese-cruiser-first-glimpse-seen.html

This doesn't bother me so much from a technical perspective, ChiComs aren't close to having a blue water navy that rivals even some of our smaller allies. But it does speak to intentions. Combined with their horrific demographics (huge numbers of young men with no realistic prospects for finding sustainable jobs or a wife) and generally shadiness of their cooked book systems, at some point the ruling class will need a good distraction to keep down the terrorism/social unrest. And nothing unifies a nation like a war. Their territorial aggression to Japan and others over tiny little nothing islands is another data point that doesn't look good. The question is whether or not we would get directly dragged into a war on our allies, and what such a war would do to international trade.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: China fixing to build huge new missile cruiser
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »
Don't forget their real-estate bubble, and entire empty cities meant for 1-2 million people.  [tinfoil]

My completely pragmatic brutal thoughts on China are as follows:

1. Hope for a double-dip recession/depression that sets off all of China's internal strains before they can create truly global military ones to try and compensate.

2. Set off said depression intentionally through a trade-war, embargo, 1:1 tit-for-tat trade pairty policy with China on the artificial Yuan, taxes, tariffs etc.

3. See if we can't somehow get China into a war with Russia/Putin. And stay out of it.

4. See if we can't somehow get China into a war with India/Pakistan (drawing in Russia). And stay out of it.

5. Keep going as we're going and hope that Cold War 2.0 with China ends more or less okay like CW 1.0 with the USSR did.
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »
The flaw I see with your Plan #3 is that too many folks are not only willing, but want, to buy cheap, shoddy, heavy-metal and disease-contaminated goods from China - seeing as how China is the biggest producer and offers the lowest prices.

If Wal-Mart fails, it means the streets will be filled with zombie-like Walmatrians looking for price rollbacks.  Do you really want that to happen?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »
The flaw I see with your Plan #3 is that too many folks are not only willing, but want, to buy cheap, shoddy, heavy-metal and disease-contaminated goods from China - seeing as how China is the biggest producer and offers the lowest prices.

If Wal-Mart fails, it means the streets will be filled with zombie-like Walmatrians looking for price rollbacks.  Do you really want that to happen?

stay safe.

Well... just what are all these guns and ammo we hoard for then?  ???
I promise not to duck.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »

stay safe.

My zombie preps are nearly complete ... [tinfoil] :lol:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 09:36:09 PM »
Yeah, the demographic thing is troubling. Lots of pressure against a decent standard of living and tens of millions of young guys who aren't getting any.

Instead of cancelling the tomahawk program we should be building double of AGM-84s, just in case someone thinks they ever have a chance of a navy going anywhere.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 11:46:40 PM »

Uhm....

Yes?  [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog