Author Topic: Calling all. This is our last cry before our eternal silence.  (Read 1489 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
That was the final transmission in Morse code from the French navy when they stopped using it. I hadn't thought about it, but apparently the world's navies tended to send out interesting last messages when they stopped using Morse.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-53668116.html
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Calling all. This is our last cry before our eternal silence.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:32:04 PM »
RRR OM TNX FB DE TJ2YDF 73 QRT

Translation:

Received Received Received Old Man Thanks Fine Business This is (fake call sign) Goodbye  Going off the air.

(And I bitch about cell phone abbrs and acronyms.  Sheesh! Wotta hypocrite I R!)

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:51:36 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Calling all. This is our last cry before our eternal silence.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:39:08 PM »
That was the final transmission in Morse code from the French navy when they stopped using it. I hadn't thought about it, but apparently the world's navies tended to send out interesting last messages when they stopped using Morse.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-53668116.html

I thought maybe that was going to be what they said before the British attack on Mers-el-Kébir to sink the surrendered French Navy was done.  =D
I promise not to duck.

CypherNinja

• friend
“Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth,” Hemingway once said. Today, many of us have become rich in the currency of cowardice. We have so many things and so few experiences. We are desperate to live as long as possible, not as large as possible. We are so afraid to say goodbye to the world that we never say hello.
-Marty Beckerman (from a Wired article of all things)