Author Topic: WOW!  (Read 2960 times)

Warren

WOW!
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »
So there I was moving the evil chaise lounge/easy chair my wife bought at Satan's Furniture Store.

Pulled it back and it rode over the big toe on my right foot.

Ripped the toe nail all the way back.

WOW, it was way hurty. Not that this amounts to anything in the wider world. I present this in the hopes it causes some psychic pain amongst readers of this thread.

Vodka7

• friend
Re: WOW!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 10:20:25 PM »
I present this in the hopes it causes some psychic pain amongst readers of this thread.

Check.  Made me cringe.  :puke:

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 10:38:13 PM »
Thanks Here2Learn. Now my big toes feel weird (psychic sympathy discomfort).
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 01:29:15 AM »
A little super glue and duct tape will fix you right up.

My toe hurts.  Both of them. undecided
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 05:38:30 AM »
OUCH!  I'll bet that smarted.

No real empathic cringe though.  Not after one of my supervisors years back dropped a car battery on one of his big toes, then spent several shifts sitting in his office all wacked out on muscle relaxants playing the the dying nail until it fell off so he could bring it back to the purification suite and show it to us all. 

Furniture sliders are your friends.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »
My advice is to drink heavily.  It may not take away the pain, but then again you won't really care.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 11:09:20 AM »
Are you now expecting steel tipped booties for yer Birthday?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

crt360

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 12:08:48 PM »
Ow.  I'm receiving the psychic pain.  I managed to fold a fingernail about halfway back the other day and that was enough for me.  It wouldn't have been so bad, except that after the initial pain and bleeding stopped I kinda forgot about it until I'd wash my hands or catch it on something.
For entertainment purposes only.

Warren

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 08:55:35 PM »
I have band-aids holding the nail on, but it is only a matter of time until it falls off.

HForrest

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »
WOW!
What, did you just get Vista?

Oh, nevermind... Ouch. The thought of that makes me cringe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 09:17:08 PM »
Very sorry.   shocked

Could be worse.  You could spend most of your childhood and teen years with painfully infected and swollen ingrown toenails.  Then have hypodermics shoved between your toes, before the nail is operated upon.  Repeatedly.  Then drop a stack of pressure-treated 2x10s on your tootsie-wootsies.  Burning a hole in the nail to release the blood only hurts for an instant though, thank God. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 06:32:12 AM »
Why didn't you just immediately rip the nail the rest of the way off? Could it have hurt anymore?

I was (stupidly) drilling out the end of a battery cable for my tractor. I thought I could just hold onto the cable and drill it (Vise? We doen need no steenkin vise!) but alas, the drill bit into it and proceeded to wrap my thumb around the bit, ripping my thumbnail about halfway off.

Knowing that it was going to catch on everything and hurt every time I touched it, I got a pair or pliers. I grabbed hold of it and thought, "OK, on 3".
So I started counting...1.....2  RIP!.

Ya see, I was thinking it was coming off on 3, so it was totally unexpected.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Warren

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 07:26:20 PM »
LOL. Awesome.

spinr

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 08:48:51 PM »
So there I was moving the evil chaise lounge/easy chair my wife bought at Satan's Furniture Store.

Pulled it back and it rode over the big toe on my right foot.

Ripped the toe nail all the way back.

I feel your pain.  I did the same thing once, only it was my thumbnail and a S&W Sigma was involved.  sad

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 10:39:10 AM »
You know, a guy gets on a thread thinking it's gonna be a nice World of Warcraft discussion and he's gotta endure painful memories of bits of his body being violently separated from the whole.

Nice.

Bastard.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Warren

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 12:44:12 PM »
I feel your pain.  I did the same thing once, only it was my thumbnail and a S&W Sigma was involved.

Taking off the slide?