Main Forums > The Roundtable

Lets Talk Grease Guns

<< < (2/15) > >>

dogmush:
???

How are you loading it that grease oozes out?  My cheap ones have many issues, but even they load correctly and easily.

FWIW We have that Lincoln one at the shop, and I didn't find it or the even higher priced Snap-on's to be any better any other.  I think I have a PRO-LUBE right now, and it's fine, but not amazing.  As far as the amount of grease, the gun will be rated for strokes/oz.  So without knowing what you have now it's hard to say exactly.  For example, the gun Bedlamite linked is 33 strokes/oz.  My PRO-LUBE is 40 strokes per oz.  The 5000psi guns will be significantly different.

I'd be interested in Boomhauer's take on this, I imagine he uses a grease gun quite a bit.

Ben:

--- Quote from: dogmush on August 23, 2021, 01:01:55 PM ---???

How are you loading it that grease oozes out?  My cheap ones have many issues, but even they load correctly and easily.

--- End quote ---

I pull the thingy in back, back. Then I drop in a lube tube. Then on the HF ones, the tube always still sticks out a good half inch, so when I put the top on and push it down to screw it on, lube squirts out. It doesn't happen on my Lucas one.

dogmush:
I can see how that would be annoying.  If there isn't something on the pistons preventing full seat of the tubes, I'd shitcan those guns.

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: WLJ on August 23, 2021, 11:58:47 AM ---Clicked on this thread actually expecting it to be about the M3

--- End quote ---

So did I.  =(

Jim147:
Well crap. I grabbed an ammo can of .45 before I clicked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version