Author Topic: The Revolution has begun  (Read 7171 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The Revolution has begun
« on: November 02, 2010, 07:40:12 AM »
Somebody has voteded,
And his name is meeeeeee.

I was first in line this morning. I voted before you did. Deal with it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: The Revolution has begun
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:05:08 AM »
Nice try.  I voted a couple weeks ago.

Granted, I hate Oregon's vote by mail system, it's just begging for fraud.

But I still voted before you did.  So NYAH.

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:44:03 AM »
Monthago.  Nya nya nya =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:44:25 AM »
Let the fraud begin...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 08:54:06 AM »
At the voting location now. Opens in 8 minutes. Vote the bastards out

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »
Voted a couple of weeks ago.

GOP for all the seriously contested races, Libertarian on a couple of the down-ballot races where the major party candidates had no major party opposition.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:55:59 AM »
Voted today too! Time to party likes its 1994!
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 10:24:50 AM »
Voted today too! Time to party likes its 1994!

+1 to both statements.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 10:30:06 AM »
Voted.

I can't bring myself to vote straight-party and save time because:
1. I refuse to vote for folks running uncontested.
2. A particular state rep I find detestable (Angie Chen Button) and I voted Libertarian instead.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 10:34:36 AM »
Took the wife and son to vote about 8:00. My ballot tripped the counter to 150.  I've seen state elections where I voted close to closing time and seen 120 for the day. I voted about the same time of day in '08 and I don't think it had run up that high by now. Looking like a big turn out for my small town.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 10:37:44 AM »
Took the wife and son to vote about 8:00. My ballot tripped the counter to 150.  I've seen state elections where I voted close to closing time and seen 120 for the day. I voted about the same time of day in '08 and I don't think it had run up that high by now. Looking like a big turn out for my small town.

Good to hear. My impression has been that many people who have never been involved in politics before have gotten active as a result of this massive over-reach.

The polls predict a landslide. I think they are underestimating the extent, though, due to the new voters involved.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 10:45:08 AM »
I'll be voting tonight right after work.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 10:50:46 AM »
Me too - had to be at work 3 hours before the polls opened, so I won't get to vote till 5 or so.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 11:05:37 AM »
Off to vote in a few minutes.

I like the smell of elections in the morning.  Especially ones that begin to overturn tyranny.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
We voted mail-in a week or so ago.

There really weren't that many choices, except for a couple of local offices.  Many of the offices did not even have a D opposition  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 01:10:06 PM »
I was first in line this morning but second to place my vote (poll worker cut in line).
Hopefully Andre Carson is gonna be looking for a new job.
Say hey hey Andre, goodbye!

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 01:15:55 PM »
Votes made. Second in line. Had to show I'd, voters registration card and verified on the list. I was impressed with the volunteers at my location here in Arizona.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 01:21:43 PM »
I have been voting by mail here in Washington for many years and really like it.  I sit down with the voters pamphlet and a good cup of coffee, carefully read through it, do whatever additional research is needed and then mark, seal and mail my ballot. 

It sure beats having to go out in the (usually for this time of year) pouring rain, delay going into work until the polls open up at the local school, fight my way into the school parking lot between the other voters and the parents dropping the kids off, standing in line and then finally voting. 

So I did this a few weeks ago after I received my ballot.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 01:42:14 PM »
I like Tejas. It seems like all the judges for SC were Repubs or Libertarian. And that is awesome.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
I have been voting by mail here in Washington for many years and really like it.  I sit down with the voters pamphlet and a good cup of coffee, carefully read through it, do whatever additional research is needed and then mark, seal and mail my ballot. 

It sure beats having to go out in the (usually for this time of year) pouring rain, delay going into work until the polls open up at the local school, fight my way into the school parking lot between the other voters and the parents dropping the kids off, standing in line and then finally voting. 

So I did this a few weeks ago after I received my ballot.

Not to mention* that for us it is a more than 50 mile round trip to go vote in person  =(

* oh, I guess I did mention it  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39970695/ns/technology_and_science-space/

How cool that US astronauts on board the ISS can vote from space.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »
Votes made. Second in line. Had to show I'd, voters registration card and verified on the list. I was impressed with the volunteers at my location here in Arizona.

Here in WI, you just have to pick your name off the registered voter list, and if it's not on there, they'll register you to vote immediately, with no proof of anything required.

Pure XXXXXXX'ing insanity.    :facepalm:

I was #150 at my polling place that serves three wards of an inner-ring burb of Milwaukee. That was at 8:00 am, very high after only being open an hour for a mid-term election. Hopefully turnout means good things.

I watched the woman in front of me insisting she was on the list, and claiming "they often get my name wrong on things" and giving out alternate spellings that were radically different like she was fishing for any convenient woman's name on the list.  :mad:

She was "re-registering" as I left.

They do actually compare names and addresses on the voter rolls, about six months to a year after the election, and then... wipe the bogus names and non-existent addresses from the registered rolls, where they can simply be fraudulently re-registered again next election. Assuming the Republicans capture both houses along with the Governor's race here, they need to institute photo-ID for voting even before CCW or cutting our horrible taxes.
I promise not to duck.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 04:28:48 PM »
Did anybody see any of the DOJ Watchers that were dispatched across the country?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 04:35:53 PM »
AJ: I think they may push CCW first, because it will be seen as "more pressing". Voter ID won't be an issue again for 2 years: plenty of time. But that court precident is there now...

And yes, I voted. Forget which number I was...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 04:49:17 PM »
Attention early and absentee voters: YOU CHEATED!  I was waiting in line for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES!  And I was first! Phooey to you.

Did anybody see any of the DOJ Watchers that were dispatched across the country?

You mean the DOJ-approved New Black Panthers?

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife