Author Topic: Obama & His Rentinue Leave Washington  (Read 5157 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Obama & His Rentinue Leave Washington
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:26:19 AM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Obama & His Rentinue Leave Washington
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
 :laugh:

BTW, it's "retinue, not "rentinue."   ;)
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:08:28 PM »
:laugh:

BTW, it's "retinue, not "rentinue."   ;)

Yes, it's "retinue" if you are speaking about his minions, but "rentinue" suggests they are with him only for the short haul.  I like the connotation.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 02:08:41 PM »
The rentinue is too high!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 02:10:24 PM »
:laugh:  Okay this thread is officially making me crack up.     [popcorn] [popcorn] =D =D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 02:23:03 PM »
Yes, it's "retinue" if you are speaking about his minions, but "rentinue" suggests they are with him only for the short haul.  I like the connotation.

stay safe.

I'll claim that!

I don't mind stumbling into a pun.  At least I don't have to scrape it off my shoes, afterwards.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 08:23:59 PM »

Obama & His Rentinue Leave Washington to the tune of $200,000,000 a day. :mad:
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 09:55:45 PM »

No, I would say they're Obama's low-rentinue.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 11:54:31 PM »
Did y'all see the pic of the guy falling to his knees when Obama's motorcade left... somewhere up North? It was all over Yahoo! for awhile.

Grow a pair and stand up straight, man!
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »
This is the "thank you" trip for all of his loyal retainers before he goes into exile next year.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 12:44:51 PM »
Heard on the radio this morning that this trip will cost $2 billion.  :O

WTH? Why is this trip so important that it's worth $2 billion of taxpayer funds?

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 12:55:47 PM »
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/34-warships-sent-from-us-for-obama-visit-64459

Did Bush do anything on this scale? I know he did some overseas traveling, but I don't recall him bringing the Navy and half the White House staff along.

Is Obama planning on invading Pakistan while he's over there?

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »

We can only hope. Reminds me of When Qaddafi visited Jo-berg a few years ago for some African Union thing. His minions saw fit to bring some RPGs and anti-aircraft missiles along in the Limo. 
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 04:05:02 PM »
I believe Rush stated that Obama was taking 3000 people with him?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 04:21:36 PM »
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/34-warships-sent-from-us-for-obama-visit-64459

Did Bush do anything on this scale? I know he did some overseas traveling, but I don't recall him bringing the Navy and half the White House staff along.

They probably need the 34 ships to carry the above ground bomb proof tunnel he'll be driving in...
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_tunnel-for-obama-near-mani-bhavan_1461946

Seems like they are going to remove the coconuts from the trees.. ya know so one don't land on his head...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/8109295/Coconuts-removed-from-trees-in-preparation-for-Barack-Obamas-India-trip.html

Are there any limits on the books as to what can be spent on this kinda stuff?? Or does he just have free reign to evacuate that side of India.. so he can visit  :facepalm: This stuff is hard to believe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 05:02:22 PM »
I hope there's an attack.  And that it is a big one.  I don't want Obama or his cabinet hurt by it, but I do want it to be a serious enough attack that he is forced to truly declare who is ENEMIES are.  And respond, with the 34 warships, dozens of fighter/bombers, and thousands of seamen, soldiers and marines that will be at his disposal.  And it justifies the $200m daily cost of this trip.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2010, 05:04:23 PM »
Are there any limits on the books as to what can be spent on this kinda stuff?? Or does he just have free reign to evacuate that side of India.. so he can visit  :facepalm: This stuff is hard to believe.

All they can do is ask the host country to "accommodate" their wishes.  But then apparently our foreign aid payments to India seem to carry an awful lot of influence, no?

Oh, for the days when folks had the gumption to stand up to someone and tell them "No".  The last time I recall that happening was when Durgin Park restaurant told the Secret Service that they would not close the place so that John F. Kennedy, recently elected as President, could dine there.  I recall the event because I was taken there for lunch a day or two afterwards to experience a place where folks were not afraid to stand up for their ideals.  Mostly I remember several bankers sitting opposite us, while two butchers in bloody aprons sitting to my right complimented my deboning of a double pork chop.  

Sadly, it appears that these days they even take reservations on-line. http://www.arkrestaurants.com/durgin_park.html  And I'll bet now they even make the butchers from Fanuiel Hall Market take off their aprons before coming in. =(

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
I hope there's an attack.  And that it is a big one.  I don't want Obama or his cabinet hurt by it
You didn't mention Michelle.  :P

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »
Maybe he going to attack the TEA party from India?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 06:05:32 PM »
Apparently the warships are there to defend The Himness from rabid monkeys and high-momentum coconuts...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
Apparently the warships are there to defend The Himness from rabid monkeys biological threats and high-momentum coconuts spherical ballistic projectiles ...

Hey, I fixted it!

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »
They probably need the 34 ships to carry the above ground bomb proof tunnel he'll be driving in...
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_tunnel-for-obama-near-mani-bhavan_1461946

WTF? Why not use the helicopter?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 07:45:43 PM »
WTF? Why not use the helicopter?

Shoulder-fired SAMs.  RPGs.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »

Not really true.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner