Author Topic: Your Taxes At Work: All You Need To Know About Who Pays What Taxes In The US  (Read 1446 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/your-taxes-work-all-you-need-know-about-who-pays-what-taxes-us

Quite the quantitative look at taxes, revenue, and the sources of revenue.  WAY too many charts to link.

I will link one that demonstrates the limitation of gov't and the way humans will adapt, en masse, to stimuli to maximize their own outcomes:
The most dramatic decline in the top individual income tax rate, from 70 percent to 28 percent, occurred during the Reagan Administration, during which tax receipts remained relatively constant as a share of the economy.

I can imagine all these folks reacting to the changed stimuli to protect their earnings/savings from higher taxes or granting them free-er rein in response to lower tax burdens.  A grand, non-coordinated effort that shows the power of complex system adaptation.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
Tax cuts can create incentives for individuals to work, save, and invest, which can generate more revenue. The most dramatic decline in the top individual income tax rate, from 70 percent to 28 percent, occurred during the Reagan Administration, during which tax receipts remained relatively constant as a share of the economy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

drewtam

• friend
I've never seen this counter argument before the Romney kerfluffle. If accurate, it seems pretty convincing that conventional conservative wisdom is not correct on this topic, and I think that is good news...

Of course that depends on it being accurate, the source is a left wing group.

I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net

Great. Come January 1, my income will get hit with 28% taxes, my stocks with 23.8% and my dividends with 43.4%. My FICA will jump to 6.2%. Gee, thanks Congress.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.