Author Topic: Bad dog  (Read 1234 times)

crt360

• friend
Bad dog
« on: July 02, 2008, 08:07:40 AM »
Crews Worked Early Wednesday To Clean Up After Beer Truck Overturns

(July 2, 2008)Cleanup crews worked most of the night to clear the scene after a truck carrying 24,000 pounds of beer rolled onto its side.

The accident happened around 1 a.m. Wednesday.

The eighteen-wheeler was traveling north on Robinson Drive (US Highway 77) in Waco when, according to police, the driver was distracted by his dog.

The truck crashed into the traffic circle, then glanced off and rolled onto its side in the median between northbound and southbound LaSalle Avenue (US Highway 77).

The driver reported minor injuries, mostly sustained by climbing back into the cab to retrieve his dog.

He was not taken to the hospital.

Crews offloaded kegs and cases of beer while another truck was brought in carry away the undamaged product.

Crews were able to clear the scene by around 7a.m. Wednesday.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/22804439.html

I wonder if the dog was named Fred.
For entertainment purposes only.

Racehorse

• friend
Re: Bad dog
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 08:15:06 AM »
My dog is named Fred, for what it's worth.

26point2

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:16:30 AM »

I wonder if the dog was named Fred.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:05:16 AM »
I bet this accident will hound the driver for the rest of his life. Smiley
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »
Major party foul.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!