Author Topic: Scott Walker is a sad panda over Patriot Act non-renewal  (Read 911 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Scott Walker is a sad panda over Patriot Act non-renewal
« on: June 05, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/3/scott-walker-i-hope-future-well-re-establish-patri/

Just putting it out there in case he gets the nod and anyone who dares question him is branded a traitor/democrat/etc.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MikeB

• friend
Re: Scott Walker is a sad panda over Patriot Act non-renewal
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 02:15:45 PM »
What is it about limited government and obeying the constitution that is so difficult for the GOP that claims to support those things?

I mean shouldn't Obama being for the Patriot Act be a big fricking sledge hammer of a clue bat that it really isn't very patriotic or a good thing?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 03:17:55 PM »
Finger in the wind/beltway bubble effect.

I'm guessing he has no real idea how he feels about it. If you watch him carefully, you'll notice he's strong and forceful on WI conservative issues in microcosom as being part of his bona-fides. State level issues where he can handle everything himself. He's well known in WI circles of those who follow "political tactics" for "not having a team" when it comes to his Governorship, and rarely relying on his cabinet members for policy. They run their respective divisions, but they don't advise him much, or work closely with him to  hammer out policy.

ALL his waffling and missteps, illegal immigration, now the Patriot Act etc. have been on national issues where it gets more difficult to carve out positions without a "team".  As far as I know, probably through his ties to Rience Priebius, now the GOP chairman due to his ability to orchestrate the "Wisconsin Miracle", Walker probably has top-flight people working his pre-campaign efforts, but it's unclear to me if they're "establishment", "bible belt", "tea party", or whatever in nature, or a mix of them who are pulling in all different policy directions.

Much like how way back in '06 Walker had no idea how he felt about CCW when he was a gubernatorial candidate his first time around and lost the GOP primary to Green, simply because he didn't know. However, he quickly solidified on supporting shall-issue CCW once the right people got his ear.

Personally, I'm "meh" because I'm more interested in not losing him as governor of WI than I am as having him be POTUS.

I think ultimately his main downside is he's been a politician or only held jobs in party politics since he left college. So he's going to probably always have a penchant for flubs in the general direction of "establishment GOP", despite his actual Conservative ideology distilled away from his work experience being the most Tea Party of any of the candidates save Ted Cruz.

IMO, I think if you can cut through the force field of establishment courtiers and the D.C. gravitational pull in the direction of Centrist/Leftist/Statist that infects almost everyone on the Right once they arrive there, Walker would be a good POTUS. But that's a big "IF".
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:29:58 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 09:04:29 PM »
If I were to assume he is a limited govt conservative at his base, if he cannot apply that to actual policy and lets others talk him into the positions he takes, that means he would be a poor POTUS.  If he truly is for limited govt, he ought to be able to apply that to any issue. 

Makes me think he shouldn't be running for President at this time.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 10:45:43 PM »
Well, he just lost my vote.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 09:02:54 AM »
Oh gag.  What is it with "conservative" hatred of the 4th Ammendment?  I am sick of this garbage.