Author Topic: Blizzard has announced Diablo III  (Read 4208 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Blizzard has announced Diablo III
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 04:14:29 AM »
Diablo II's multiplayer was WAY better, and that's what it was meant for, playing with a group of friends.
That's the thing - I don't (and won't!) play computer games enough to enter the multiplayer arena with a reasonable skill level . . . last time I tried an online game, I think it was a 12 year old kid in Omaha who vaporized me in short order. :embarassed:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

PTK

• friends
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 04:22:07 AM »
Hank

That's about the summary of my trying to play games these days. I'm much more into strategy games than anything else now, and those are usually games best played at a slow pace offline. The last time I played any game online was two years ago, when I still played Diablo 2 online now and then - and even then, I would only play WITH other players, not against!
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »
and even then, I would only play WITH other players, not against!

And they thought you were one of the mobs.  grin

Is your name Leroy Jenkins, mayhap? angel
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »
Diablo 2 Multiplayer was great fun, but I only played with one guy and I could NOT keep up with him.
Way too casual to play these kinds of games, but I enjoy them so.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 01:13:40 PM »
Some games that are out there right now are brought to you by some of the stupidest designers in the world.

I forget which game it was, but it was out in the last couple of years. The breakdown was that, in order to properly run this game it required a computer that, at that time, would cost at least $6,000. It had been developed to the very latest graphics card standards; most other graphics cards would either bog down or it wouldn't run at all. Game design like that is nothing more than a mental and physical masturbation session for the developers. Far too often exercises like that result in visually beautiful games, but ones that have little to no game play value. But that's not an issue to the wonks. They want to be able to sit in their parent's basements and say "I developed the most kick ass game ever! Only 6 units sold, because no one had the system that would run it, and I lost my job when the company went belly up, but..."

That sounds a lot like Crysis, from Ubisoft, the people who made "Far Cry". Very beautiful and could bring all but the most high end systems to a crawl.
When they released the demo I said "Great, they've released another benchmarking engine!".

Crysis runs on my machine just fine, and darn if it isn't purdy.  I think I spent a good 10 minutes just staring at a waterfall the first time I saw one in-game.  I like that some developers are willing to take advantage of the newest hardware.  It was a fun game, too.

It should now be possible to build a rig to run Crysis for well under a grand.  Excessive hardware requirements are simply an anachronism.