Author Topic: South Carolina Ballot Funny Stuff  (Read 2500 times)

HankB

• friend
South Carolina Ballot Funny Stuff
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dem-candidate-listed-twice-ballot-south-carolina-special-election_721806.html

Democrat is listed TWICE on one ballot - once as a Democrat, once as a minor party candidate - but will get to keep total of all votes from BOTH parties; the cumulative total will be what counts.

Maybe conservative Republicans (if we can find any) ought to try this, and simultaneously run as GOP, Constitution, Libertarian, and American party candidates.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Waitone

• friend
Re: South Carolina Ballot Funny Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
I live here and didn't know a candidate can be listed multiple times if they are multiple nominees. 

SC has been crawling with high level democrat poobahs and their money.  Just found out Working Families party is a creation of the SEIU.  Unions and democrats (but I repeat myself) pulled out all stops to win this election.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »
And interestingly enough, Sanford pulled it off.

Just announced he won
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »
Interesting....   The're calling it for Sanford already... 71% reporting, 54.3% to 45.3%

If those numbers hold, that's a pretty significant margin....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2013/by_county/SC_Page_0507.html?SITE=CSPANELN&SECTION=POLITICS

Two weeks ago he was down 9 points and wins by 9 points.  Major electioneering that.  Here's the part I like.  When news broke that he watched the Super Bowl with his son in his wife's house in violation of the divorce decree he was written off as dead meat.  The republican establishment pulled all support, meaning money and in-kind efforts, and left him to twist in the wind.  So this 18 point turn around was engineered by his people and his efforts, not the republican establishment.  So now Sanford goes to congress as a TEA Partier long before there was a TEA party AND HE OWES ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICANS ABSOLUTELY NUTHIN'.  He beat the republican establishment and he beat progressive democrats.  It will be fun to see how this plays out.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: South Carolina Ballot Funny Stuff
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 04:21:00 AM »
is it true he beat stephen colberts sis?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 04:32:06 AM »
Let's not make this guy a poster boy.
Remember this is the guy that had a girl friend in Argentina and when he went to visit everyone thought he was out hiking the Appalachian trail.
It was kind of a scandal at the time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 06:36:56 AM »
is it true he beat stephen colberts sis?

Yup!  Her full, legal name is Elizabeth Colbert Bush.  Not sure if she married into THE Bush family*, the family that has had two presidents, or some other tribe.

Except she prononces in "coal-bert" while he says "coal-bear".  (emphasis on the end syllable for both)

stay safe.

* - http://dogingtonpost.com/the-story-behind-duke-the-bushs-baked-beans-dog/#.UYoqgZDD-70
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 07:26:25 AM »
Yes, Colberts sister.

And RKL is spot on. Dude is the Governor of a state and drops off the face of the Earth to go dip his wick in an Argentinian candle. Now as personally opposed to that sort of action as I may be, my issue on a political issue is that the head executive of a state up and dropped off the face of the Earth, with no one knowing where the hell he was or how to contact him, and lied about it.

Which is why I called it a stupid move to throw support behind him in the first place. And why I find it surprising, especially with recent events, that he won and did so by a healthy margin. I also find it telling that given his history, recent events, RNC pulling it's money and support because of those recent events, and democrats POURING money and effort into winning the seat in a relatively liberal coastal district. That given this, he won by a healthy margin.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 09:02:39 AM »
Yes, Colberts sister.

And RKL is spot on. Dude is the Governor of a state and drops off the face of the Earth to go dip his wick in an Argentinian candle. Now as personally opposed to that sort of action as I may be, my issue on a political issue is that the head executive of a state up and dropped off the face of the Earth, with no one knowing where the hell he was or how to contact him, and lied about it.

Which is why I called it a stupid move to throw support behind him in the first place. And why I find it surprising, especially with recent events, that he won and did so by a healthy margin. I also find it telling that given his history, recent events, RNC pulling it's money and support because of those recent events, and democrats POURING money and effort into winning the seat in a relatively liberal coastal district. That given this, he won by a healthy margin.

Yikes.... How bad was the other guy?
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
I don't think Sanford won because people voted for him.  He won because of votes against CB.  Sanford is seriously messed up.  He did stupid things.  He got caught, lost his wife (which may not have been that much of a loss if the rumors are true), and got smacked pretty hard by the state's ethics enforcement.  He beat 14 primary challengers none of which could come close to his fiscal conservative bona fides.  His district is most likely the most conservative in the state. 

So he makes it through the primary to be faced with a democrat candidate with no political or business experience.  She ran a stealth campaign refusing to make public appearances or be interviewed except under tightly controlled circumstances.  Seems her early campaign consisted of appearances in union halls.  Then some campaign monitoring outfit recovered 500 some odd tweets that exposed her real positions.  Turns out the lady was a radical a leftist as any in DC.  She pledge fealty to labor unions (kiss of death in SC), strong abortion rights, advocate of alternative lifestyles.  So she goes from completely unknown and a mystery to someone who was evidently a radical in the model of DC democrats.  Her fate was sealed when Nancy Pelosi rode into town to do joint campaigning appearances.  The only hope she had was republicans staying home.  Republicans decided to not stay home when it became evident she intended to be a union stooge once in DC.  Boeing was a big get for the Charleston area.  It is already much bigger that initial estimates and if whispers are correct about to get bigger still in an unanticipated manner.  Republicans were not about to send a pro-union representative to congress after having romanced Boeing so successfully.

Yeah, Sanford is messed up.  But as sick as it sounds he was the best available candidate.  There is a handful pols in SC that can match is fiscal conservative bona fides without the moral failings.  They were not running.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »
Yup!  Her full, legal name is Elizabeth Colbert Bush.  Not sure if she married into THE Bush family*, the family that has had two presidents, or some other tribe.

Except she prononces in "coal-bert" while he says "coal-bear".  (emphasis on the end syllable for both)

stay safe.

* - http://dogingtonpost.com/the-story-behind-duke-the-bushs-baked-beans-dog/#.UYoqgZDD-70

Busch not Bush
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 10:08:43 AM »
I don't think Sanford won because people voted for him.  He won because of votes against CB.  Sanford is seriously messed up.  He did stupid things.  He got caught, lost his wife (which may not have been that much of a loss if the rumors are true), and got smacked pretty hard by the state's ethics enforcement.  He beat 14 primary challengers none of which could come close to his fiscal conservative bona fides.  His district is most likely the most conservative in the state. 

So he makes it through the primary to be faced with a democrat candidate with no political or business experience.  She ran a stealth campaign refusing to make public appearances or be interviewed except under tightly controlled circumstances.  Seems her early campaign consisted of appearances in union halls.  Then some campaign monitoring outfit recovered 500 some odd tweets that exposed her real positions.  Turns out the lady was a radical a leftist as any in DC.  She pledge fealty to labor unions (kiss of death in SC), strong abortion rights, advocate of alternative lifestyles.  So she goes from completely unknown and a mystery to someone who was evidently a radical in the model of DC democrats.  Her fate was sealed when Nancy Pelosi rode into town to do joint campaigning appearances.  The only hope she had was republicans staying home.  Republicans decided to not stay home when it became evident she intended to be a union stooge once in DC.  Boeing was a big get for the Charleston area.  It is already much bigger that initial estimates and if whispers are correct about to get bigger still in an unanticipated manner.  Republicans were not about to send a pro-union representative to congress after having romanced Boeing so successfully.

Yeah, Sanford is messed up.  But as sick as it sounds he was the best available candidate.  There is a handful pols in SC that can match is fiscal conservative bona fides without the moral failings.  They were not running.

It was a strange as hell situation for sure.

Well Sanford is far from the worse possible, I will say that. I don't care for him one whit but he does give serious headaches to the RINOs and Dems.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »
FitsNews is an influential political blog in the state.  Little history, Fits was Sanford's communications poobah his first term.  Sanford pulled a stunt with the assistance of Fitz whereby 2 pigs were brought into the capital as a publicity stunt to expose pork spending by the legislators.  Seems the stunt went awry when one or both pigs took a dump on the state seal (at least that is the story).  Anyhow Fits offers his winner--loser analysis of the election.

http://www.fitsnews.com/2013/05/08/sc-1-winners-and-losers/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 06:26:58 PM »
Her fate was sealed when Nancy Pelosi rode into town to do joint campaigning appearances. 

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  And here we thought the Republicans were the stupid party.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife