Author Topic: Emil Sitka (December 22, 1914 – January 16, 1998)  (Read 350 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Emil Sitka (December 22, 1914 – January 16, 1998)
« on: January 15, 2024, 03:40:54 PM »

(May be copyrighted, see wiki article on Sitka.)

In my youthful supercilious phase, I used to profess hatred of The Three Stooges movies as unsophisticated puerile slapstick.

But when I became an octegenarian with half my brain cells dead and most of my self-important superciliousness gone, I started to enjoy the Stooges whenever their movies showed up and began to  appreciate some of the genius involved in developing their gags.

I came across the fact that "The Fourth Stooge," Emil Sitka, had died on the 16th of January 1998.  This was on account of my looking up something about the town of Sitka, Alaska.

I had recognized him in several of the Stooge movies, just never thought much about it, just one of those actors who works steadily, but never hits the marquees.

He was in "hundreds" of movies and many of the Stooge films.

Here's a bit:

https://youtu.be/UOej9Yf_RmE (4:53)

Just grazing and chewing my cud.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Emil Sitka (December 22, 1914 – January 16, 1998)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 05:16:26 PM »
"I used to profess hatred of The Three Stooges movies as unsophisticated puerile slapstick."

Being "unsophisticated puerile slapstick" is exactly why I've always like the Stooges.  Sometimes you've just got to let go and enjoy the "unsophisticated" stuff.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 05:35:08 PM »
Hold hands you lovebirds!
7-11 was a part time job.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 05:42:51 PM »
The Three Stooges are my heroes. Most of what I learned about life, I learned from them. WWCD.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 06:36:48 PM »
. . . Being "unsophisticated puerile slapstick" is exactly why I've always like the Stooges.  Sometimes you've just got to let go and enjoy the "unsophisticated" stuff.
As a youngster, my mother HATED the Stooges, and forbade me from watching them. So when she told me to "go outside and play" I headed over to a friend's house where the Mom wasn't so strict and watched them there.  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 06:44:25 PM »
As a youngster, my mother HATED the Stooges, and forbade me from watching them. So when she told me to "go outside and play" I headed over to a friend's house where the Mom wasn't so strict and watched them there.  =D

Everyone in my house loved them. My parents probably liked them because knowing English wasn't a requirement to get a laugh. I either wasn't born yet, or too young to remember, but my sister even got a Moe haircut.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2024, 06:46:37 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 10:04:52 PM »
Soitenly !
Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk !
  :rofl:

Many years ago, I got to see Moe live and in person when he performed at the old St. Louis Arena.  Even by himself, he was a riot.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024, 09:39:29 AM »
If it weren't for the Stooges, I wouldn't know how to spell chrysanthemum.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 09:59:28 AM »
If it weren't for the Stooges, I wouldn't know how to spell chrysanthemum.

Brad

I wouldn't know how to do plumbing.

https://youtu.be/xUgySLC8lfc

Or how to dig.

https://youtu.be/CDVBkIGqlZs?t=142

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 10:53:47 AM »
Or play golf.
Or the alphabet.
I wouldn't know how to do plumbing.

https://youtu.be/xUgySLC8lfc

Or how to dig.

7-11 was a part time job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 10:59:51 AM »

Or how to dig.

"We need to dig a hole to put the dirt in"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2024, 11:41:52 AM »
"Hey Moe!  Hey Larry!  I'm surrounded!"
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2024, 12:07:30 PM »

I laughed until I realized how much that was like Washington D.C. thinking.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2024, 12:15:34 PM »

I laughed until I realized how much that was like Washington D.C. thinking.

Well it would work if it wasn't for those darn MAGA fascist republicans
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2024, 12:35:15 PM »
My paternal gramma told me that one of the stooges, Joe Besser who replaced Shemp when he died in 1955, was a shirt tail relative of ours.  I always wondered about that as my paternal grandfather's family came from somewhere in Germany called Gahan, and Joe's parents came from Poland. Gahans, Germany is listed as his point of origin on my great grandfather's Civil War discharge paper from the Union Army. Folks moved around a lot back in those days, so who knows.  I've never been able to find out where Gahans was in Germany as it does not show up on any search I've done.   So maybe it was nearby to Poland as Germany and Poland share a border.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw