Author Topic: What the frak!? Carroll Shelby passed almost a month ago and I didn't know!  (Read 1792 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
I just learned that Carroll Shelby passed away almost a month ago.  :O  Maybe I'm getting old an forgetful but I don't recall seeing so much as a blip about it in the news.  Yeesh!

One day I WILL have a Cobra.  Well, a faux-bra (kit car) probably, but I'll have one nonetheless.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
This is why you need to check APS every day....we report the news today that most people won't hear about for a month....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
That's right. We Report, You Decide.

With this story, most people here decided to agree that Carroll Shelby was dead.

A great man.

seeker_two

• friend

With this story, most people here decided to agree that Carroll Shelby was dead.

However, Jamis & I voted third-party on that....gave us an excuse to buy more zombie ammo....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

erictank

• friends
Where the heck were YOU?!?

I saw reports for 3 days, made Yahoo's front page for all three before it slipped below the radar.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
His dying words were...

Don't tell Brad. I want him to be surprised when he finally finds out....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Ray Bradbury, Doc Watson, Richard Dawson and Robin Gibb, too.
7-11 was a part time job.

HankB

• friend
Ray Bradbury, Doc Watson, Richard Dawson and Robin Gibb, too.
Also George Lindsey, Donna Summer, Vidal Sassoon, and Sam Porcello.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
...and Levon Helm and Duck Dunn.
7-11 was a part time job.

seeker_two

• friend
....and Francisco Franco.....still.....

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
....and Francisco Franco.....still.....

Boy, does that go back decades.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Holy crap! Why didn't anyone mention that Joan d'Arc died?

I loved her!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Abel is dead. 

But we're pretty sure that Cain did it.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
I hate to be the first to tell Brad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Abraham_Lincoln
The real story of Abe's demise was covered up - in his younger days, Abe made some very powerful enemies: http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=63846

And anyway, we really should keep the list down to famous folks who've perished in the last month or so, since that's about how far out of date Brad is . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

seeker_two

• friend
Holy crap! Why didn't anyone mention that Joan d'Arc died?

I loved her!

I didn't even know y'all dated.....

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Holy Crimoly... There's this new thing called the internet!  Why didn't anyone say something about it?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Holy Crimoly... There's this new thing called the internet!  Why didn't anyone say something about it?

Brad

Algore made us keep it from you. Sorry.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Holy *expletive deleted*it! Wait until he finds out about Nixon!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

seeker_two

• friend
Holy *expletive deleted*! Wait until he finds out about Nixon!

One thing at a time....he's still waiting for President Dewey's inauguration speech....

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
He knows the R.M.S. Titanic struck an iceberg and sank ... right? :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero