Author Topic: Ermey on Obama  (Read 1730 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Ermey on Obama
« on: January 03, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »
The Gunny has a few choice words about the Obama Administration. SFW.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/surprised-famous-marine-drill-sergeant-is-not-a-fan-of-obama/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Ermey on Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »
He's moderately miffed with the current bunch in the White House, it seems.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »
He would make an awesome ambassador to the UN.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 10:19:17 PM »
And today, alas, he walked his remarks back...

Geico must have read him the riot act.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:49:44 PM »
That sucks. Geico is afraid of Obama?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »
Show me a big corporation that is not "in league."  They angle for whatever edge they can get, however they need to get it.  Those who believe in liberty are unlikely to find much of it either Big Government OR Big Business.  The modern world didn't happen with the cooperation, collaboration, and collusion of many people who ought to know better.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 11:26:35 AM »
Show me a big corporation that is not "in league."  They angle for whatever edge they can get, however they need to get it.  Those who believe in liberty are unlikely to find much of it either Big Government OR Big Business.  The modern world didn't happen with the cooperation, collaboration, and collusion of many people who ought to know better.

Small corporation, big corporation... doesn't matter.

"Corporations" shouldn't have a perspective, and they shouldn't endorse anything one way or another. 

I had a firebrand conservative of a boss, who tossed money all over the place for various causes he supported or opposed.  He owned the company.  He would never use company money or company reputation to stand for or against anything though.  He was not afraid to use his personal name to support or oppose something, but he never used his company's name to do so.

I respect his stance in regards to that.

I respect it even more for a publicly traded company (though his wasn't).

I think it's inherently wrong for corporate entities to engage in politicking.  And if you sign a contract to represent a corporate entity in marketing campaigns, there may be clauses in the contract that you didn't expect.

I think Gunny found himself at odds with one of those clauses, and was more or less compelled by his own sense of honor to issue a (halfhearted) retraction of his statements.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »
American corporations reflect the culture, and the culture they reflect is the consumer culture that has become another face of the debt-loving liberal hedonist who puts things over values.  American corporations have led the way in embracing the "diversity" that is nothing but a feel-good, updated version of the Communist ideal.  If you're looking for liberty you don't look in government bureaucracies or hierarchical business entities.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.