Author Topic: 25th amendmenters?  (Read 1386 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
25th amendmenters?
« on: January 09, 2011, 09:45:50 AM »
Okay so I saw some people holding up a huge sign the other day. "Invoke the 25th Amendment" and "Stop Obama".
So is this just a small local fringe group, or is there some kind of 25thers movement? 

Of course, I'll tell them what I tell the birthers.  The two scariest words you'll ever hear.

President Biden.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: 25th amendmenters?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:57:47 AM »
Okay so I saw some people holding up a huge sign the other day. "Invoke the 25th Amendment" and "Stop Obama".
So is this just a small local fringe group, or is there some kind of 25thers movement? 

Of course, I'll tell them what I tell the birthers.  The two scariest words you'll ever hear.

President Biden.

Sounds like they are talking about section 4 of the 25th. Essentially it's when the veep and the cabinet get together and tell the Senate pro tempore and the speaker of the house that the Pres can't do the job for whatever reason and then the veep takes it over. There's a bit more to it including the pres saying he can do his job, the veep saying again he can't, and the senate and house getting together to vote on if the pres is competent to do the job or not blah dee blah blah.

Personally I'd think they'd have an easier time getting congress to impeach him rather than getting Biden and the cabinet to try to oust him. *shrug*

By the way, does anyone else think all that Biden is missing is a black hooded robe to look like Emperor Palpatine?  :P

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 02:18:16 PM »
By the way, does anyone else think all that Biden is missing is a black hooded robe to look like Emperor Palpatine

Biden wishes he was that smart.  >:D
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »
IDK if Biden is smart enough to wish he was as smart as Palpatine :lol: :P
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 05:48:20 PM »

President Biden.

President Biden is an excellent thing: he has zero charisma and can't ever be re-elected.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 10:38:24 PM »
IDK if Biden is smart enough to wish he was as smart as Palpatine :lol: :P

You owe me a keyboard.  [ar15]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.