Author Topic: Leftist rag paper takes Sheriff Dupnik to account  (Read 6053 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Leftist rag paper takes Sheriff Dupnik to account
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:55:23 PM »
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/opinions/articles/2011/01/11/20110111tue1-11.html

I hate the AZ Republic newspaper.  The bias usually drools all over my doorstep or keyboard, making an unsightly mess.

But this was a great article.

Still, Dupnik used the opportunities to blame Arizona's lax, new gun laws and, again, the angry "rhetoric" of talk radio. The shootings were spurred, he suggested, by "the rhetoric about hatred, about mistrust of government, about paranoia of how government operates."

The only new "lax" gunlaws we have is Constitutional Carry.

Our new Constitutional Carry law would not have saved Giffords, because no police officer stopped this guy on his way to his target, found his concealed gun, and decided "hey! he's concealing without a permit!  I should arrest him!"  The law neither helped nor hindered, because no officer was involved to query the shooter's legitimacy in concealment.

Frankly, our Constitutional Carry law should have encouraged more of the victims of the shooting to carry on their own.  At this point they don't have to jump through hoops, take classes, and await goobermint permission to protect themselves... though the classes are certainly beneficial so that a citizen can know proper and legally defensible situations where force escalation is appropriate.

If we passed Constitutional Carry 5-10 years ago and it was more well known and commonplace, perhaps more people around this tragedy might have been carrying and been able to stop or forestall this tragedy somehow.

Shame on you, Sheriff Dupnik. :'(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

stevelyn

• friend
Re: Leftist rag paper takes Sheriff Dupnik to account
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:48:47 PM »
Frankly, our Constitutional Carry law should have encouraged more of the victims of the shooting to carry on their own.  At this point they don't have to jump through hoops, take classes, and await goobermint permission to protect themselves... though the classes are certainly beneficial so that a citizen can know proper and legally defensible situations where force escalation is appropriate.

Exactly. The law worked as it should. It gave the victims the choice to decide whether or not they should protect themselves.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 08:14:37 AM »
One radio report suggests that one of the two who wrestled the shooter to the ground stated that he ran toward the gun fire only because he had his own CCW on his person.  The shooter was wrestled to the ground, not shot, because the good guys arrived as he was fumbling a mag change and lethal force, though certainly (IMO) in order, was not required.

To my chagrin, I must admit that the report is in an interview with Gary Kleck on Coast-To-Coast AM.  I cannot recall whether it was Kleck or George Noory who made the observation, or if the CCW was "constitutional" or under permit.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:23:44 AM by Chuck Dye »
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
if the CCW was "constitutional" or under permit

How does it make any difference  ???

He could have just as well been open carrying, too.  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:49:53 PM »
I heard some commentary today that this Sheriff was being uncooperative today.  Some people are starting to ask how much they knew about this guy beforehand.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »
i am no fanboi of "sheriff joe"  but he called this guy out correctly today
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 09:44:21 PM »
Typically, local law enforcement is the primary security provider when Congresspersons and judges hold public engagements.....seems to me like Dupnik is trying to CYA....and failing miserably.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 10:11:38 PM »
Typically, local law enforcement is the primary security provider when Congresspersons and judges hold public engagements.....seems to me like Dupnik is trying to CYA....and failing miserably.....

yup! lets hope it bites him on his backside!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »
yup! lets hope it bites him on his backside!
Not gonna happen.

Sheriff Dupnik has proven to be one hell of an astute politician.  He's managed to draw the entire left/liberal/Democrat/media apparatus into defending him against accusations of incompetence.  He should be near the point of resignation over his failures regarding Laughner's past history and Giffords' security.  Instead, he has the President of the United States congratulating him on his good work.

He did it by attacking the right, drawing their counterattack.  The left rushed in to defend him as one of their own.

That was... impressive.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 10:36:16 PM »
instinctive jack donkey behavior, nothing impressive about it. :laugh:

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
I dunno, it was awfully peculiar the way Dupnik was throwing out wild speculation about the attacker and his motives so soon after the crime.  Seems too unusual, and too purposeful, to be an accident.  This is not the way chief law enforcement officers behave.

I dunno.  Maybe he's a really bad sheriff and just got lucky this time.  But I doubt it.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 10:51:45 PM »
I never was a fan of Dupnik.  After this weekend and his comments, I will be helping others remove him from office.  If not by petition, then by election. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »
I dunno.  Maybe he's a really bad sheriff and just got lucky this time.  But I doubt it.

I found it interesting to hear that he apparently spoke at the Obama led memorial service. Seems like if you were holding a memorial service you would want to respect the dead and avoid turning it political. But then again there were also apparently a lot of blue t-shirts there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 12:34:38 AM »
I dunno, it was awfully peculiar the way Dupnik was throwing out wild speculation about the attacker and his motives so soon after the crime.  Seems too unusual, and too purposeful, to be an accident.  This is not the way chief law enforcement officers behave.

They (he) knew who the shooter was right quick and were excreting a brick because of their previous contacts, complaints, and whatnot with him/on him.
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »
They (he) knew who the shooter was right quick and were excreting a brick because of their previous contacts, complaints, and whatnot with him/on him.
I heard a guy on the radio suggest the sheriff may know the parents and did them favors to get the kid out of jail and make sure he didn't get prosecuted.  I haven't seen any links that said that yet so I don't if it is true. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 12:17:52 PM »
It may not all be roses for the sheriff. The media has filed freedom of information requests for all materials related to the department's dealings with the shooter, and Dupnik is stonewalling them. Reporters typically don't like that, and will go after the stonewaller.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 12:26:58 PM »
Too bad he won't be prosecuted as accessory to murder  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 02:01:26 PM »
It may not all be roses for the sheriff. The media has filed freedom of information requests for all materials related to the department's dealings with the shooter, and Dupnik is stonewalling them. Reporters typically don't like that, and will go after the stonewaller.

if he'd been less vocal he might have done better.  we have a local pol like that she was censured for some type of activity involving her kids school and some emails.  was bad enough that a school official had to resign.  when she got censured by the rest of the school board she tried to cry foul while avoiding mention of the exact event.  she did a poor me i'm being picked on vid. same woman signed a "transparency pledge". now some sob  (moi) is after her to tell us what she did and shes gotten all coy and quiet.  i found out about the resignation back when it happened from janitorial staff in the school system. the servants always know.  shes married has 7 kids  resignation was for letting a personal relationship interfere with the officials duties and responsibilities.  shes already gone so far as to deny an affair.  foia is in the works
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 10:00:42 AM »
I too was disgusted by dupnick's comments.
I went to his webpage, and found a link to email my comments to him.
Here is what I sent:
Thank God that my Sheriff here in Ohio is able to speak in an intelligent manner.
How interesting that your actions exactly mirror the hate speech from MSM who you blame for the recent shooting.
I pray that the AZ voters in your county recognize your childish public rants for what they really are - the rambling of a very small and unimportant non-person who is incapable of dealing with any important situation

Here is the link to send comments to this idiot:
http://pimasheriff.org/contacts/comments-for-the-sheriff/

Jamie
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen