Author Topic: The Cooling World  (Read 658 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Cooling World
« on: March 24, 2007, 04:01:16 PM »
Newsweek, 1975. Just for kicks.  Smiley

------------------------------

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
Re: The Cooling World
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 06:17:20 PM »
Anyone know what the predicts are for changes in solar activity?  It'd be noce if there was going to be a drop in solar output before too much longer.  Get a cooling trend to go with it and hopefully a lot of the idiotic enviro-crap will go away.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 07:19:18 PM »
No, it will not go away.  The current load of crap will morph.  A new environmental initiative will appear.  The flap about global warming has nothing to do with environmentalism.  It has everything to do with global control.  Environmental hysteria is merely an attempt to stampede people and governments into accepting a global government to help us save ourselves.  Every notice how the hysteria over avian flu died down despite media attempts to sustain it only to be replaced with breathless "we're all gonna cook".  Global controllers are coming on hard and fast.  Absent global warming, global cooling or something else will assume the role.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 07:29:18 PM »
Anyone know what the predicts are for changes in solar activity?  It'd be noce if there was going to be a drop in solar output before too much longer.  Get a cooling trend to go with it and hopefully a lot of the idiotic enviro-crap will go away.
It will never go away. It is a religion.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 09:17:10 PM »
Hey, let me live in my fantasy world for a little while at least.  You're harshing my mellow.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 06:45:16 AM »
Hey, let me live in my fantasy world for a little while at least.  You're harshing my mellow.
Well, get you some Hershey's chocolate bars and graham crackers to go with your harshmellows and make somore's! laugh
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 08:08:55 AM »
Absent global warming, global cooling or something else will assume the role.

yeah, the next one is "we're all going to die from an asteroid or comet impact unless we give the UN complete control over our lives" ...  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin