Author Topic: Unclear on the concept, Number 5,343  (Read 908 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Unclear on the concept, Number 5,343
« on: December 20, 2015, 12:01:03 PM »
This one's a classic. It shows how much of a disconnect there is between officialdom and reality.

http://www.startjuno.com/news/read/article/the_associated_press-the_latest_suspected_bomb_found_on_diverted_air_fr-ap

Fake bomb is found in lavatory of Air France jet -- while it's [Note: not "its"] in the air and en route to its [Note: not "it's"] destination. Flight safely diverts to Kenya, no doubt because the bomb is a fake. Then comes the fun part:

Frederic Gagey, the head of the airline, said the device was made of cardboard, paper and a household timer. In a news conference in Paris, Gagey congratulated the crew for their cool-headed reaction to divert the plane.

He says "this object did not contain explosives."

Gagey says a safety check was carried out in the bathroom before the flight. He says passengers are checked, and sometimes double-checked on flights, and denied any security failure in the flight Sunday.

Right, Mate. The plane was checked before the flight. The passengers were checked before the flight. A [fake] bomb materialized in a lavatory on the plane during flight, but there was no security failure.

They're [Note: not "their" or "there"] just lucky it wasn't a real bomb with a barometric detonator.

Question: Do they really expect anyone to believe anything they say?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Unclear on the concept, Number 5,343
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 01:12:31 PM »
I don't see why we shouldn't believe them. There's a reason why it's (not its) called security theater. It's just prone to failure.

Besides, all they had to bring aboard was a clock and a briefcase.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 10:08:27 PM »
Even if they manually searched the bags, would a household timer and paper and cardboard pieces have generated any interest? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 10:13:44 PM »
Even if they manually searched the bags, would a household timer and paper and cardboard pieces have generated any interest? 

Apparently not ...

... but they will from now on.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 11:34:49 PM »

Pretty sure burning cardboard can melt steel.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 11:44:59 PM »

No, burning steel requires special Lluminotty powers that you can only learn at Yale.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:23:26 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 08:11:04 AM »

Of course! Have you ever been near a bonfire made of cardboard boxes? Those things are HOT!!! Not like jet fuel.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought